Project Manager - Insurance - Funds Closures - 6 months - Bristol - £259/day
A top retail bank based in Bristol is currently seeking a Project Manager to join a Funds Closures programme for a 6 month period.
Overview of the Programme/Project
The Investment Strategy & Execution (IS&E) Fund Restructures programme, within Insurance & Wealth, has a portfolio of eight projects. Three of these projects are managed by an EU Lead Project Manager and whilst this DU Project Manager role will in the main support the largest of the three projects they will also provide governance support when required across the other two projects.
Funds Closures 2018 (FCII): The range of investment funds we offer our customers through our investment products are continually reviewed to ensure it is fit for purpose. Customers and Advisers require a consistent, cost effective fund range that meets their investment needs and future aspirations. This project will be delivered in 4 phases across 2. FCII is an annual Run The Bank project.
Corporate Actions 2018 (CA18): This scope of work is driven by notification from Regulatory bodies, Fund Managers or IS&E and Propositions areas, and can include a number of different types of Life & Pension product fund changes such as; name, underlying asset, mergers, closing and opening of funds and new legislation compliance. CA18 is an annual Legal, Regulatory & Mandatory project.
Fund Fixes & Changes 2018 (FFC18): This scope of work is driven by notification from Regulatory bodies, Fund Managers or IS&E and Propositions areas, and can include a number of different types of OEIC product fund changes such as; such as name, underlying asset, mergers, closing and opening of funds and new legislation compliance. FFC18 is an annual Legal, Regulatory & Mandatory project.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Project Manager will:
- Support the Lead Project Manager by leading on the Finance and Governance workstreams on FCII, as well as the Finance and Governance workstreams on CA18 and FFC18 when required;
- Be expected to provide support where necessary across the IS&E Fund Restructures portfolio led change;
- Be accountable for leading all resources under individual line of responsibility;
- Work closely with key stakeholders across various business areas, such as: IS&E, Group Transformation (Business & IT), Insurance Operations, Insurance Legal, Group Risk, Group Tax, Investment Accounting, and external third party suppliers such as Diligenta, StateStreet, and Fund Managers;
- Use key influencing skills to keep the project on track and aligned to plan;
- Work proactively in an indirect supervision environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
A strong skill-set and demonstrable track record including:
- Proven track record of prioritising competing initiatives, adopting a solution mindset and using lateral thinking to solve problems;
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills and is comfortable managing stakeholders at all levels to remove blockers;
- Proven management of emerging Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Decisions (RAID) logs and capturing of Lessons Learned throughout the project life cycle;
- Management of MS Project Plans (MSP), Delivery Schedules and Implementation Plans;
- Communication, presentation and report writing skills (inc. Project Status Reports, packs for; Project Working Group, Programme Steering Group; Executive Programme Steering)
- Ability to work proactively in an indirect supervision environment;
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve common goals;
- Ensure project remains complaint with all reporting and governance standards.
Desirable Skills and Experience
'- Knowledge of investment management is desirable;
- Understanding of Agile methodology would be advantageous. The team run daily Kanban stand ups and will continue to adopt principles of Agile methodologies where they can be applied to the current FastPath (Waterfall) approach and the business is aligned to accept the new ways of working.
Please note that, due to the high level of applications we receive, we are not able to provide individual responses. If you have not heard from us within 2 working days, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Campion Willcocks is an equal opportunities employer. Services advertised by Campion Willcocks are those of an employment business.