Babcock International have partnered with Veredus to support their exciting PMO transformation agenda across its Devonport Royal Dockyard Ltd (DRDL) operations.
Babcock is a leading provider of critical, complex engineering services which support national defence, emergency services and civil nuclear sectors. Devonport (Plymouth) is the unique maintenance base of the UK's submarine fleet. Several new engineering challenges are ahead as Babcock prepares for the next 30 years of deep maintenance programmes.
To support the increasing project workload Devonport PMO & Controls team are looking for several experienced project professionals who will act as role models and leaders for the wider PMO team to take responsibility and ownership of their domains.
This is a great time to be joining a PMO team that is creating and enabling a leading projects delivery organisation, to be best of the best. Integrating its people, their ways of working with cutting edge technology to deliver successful and predictable outcomes.
Devonport Infrastructure is entering a period of major investment with several high-profile projects pending and many more being considered. To support the increasing workload Babcock, require experienced Senior Programme Managers to join their Devonport team.
Senior Programme Managers will be managing complex projects and operating at an advanced level. Leading a significant project within the organisation and possibly Project Managers with less complex sub projects. Project size and complexity cover the full scale from £k to £Bn in value.
- Support to Business Winning
- Delivering excellent HSSE standards, in terms of project team culture and reporting statistics
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders.
- Leading the project to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, team development and continuous learning
- Commitment to and the ongoing monitoring of programme baseline (cost / schedule / risk)
- Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the project and identifying external dependencies on other projects, resource or environments
- Effectively managing the resources, influencing and supporting the development of individuals in their continued professional development
- Planning and controlling finances as a means of driving performance
- Provide a point of escalation for project team members
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes
- Attending and contributing the business to communities of practise or forums
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities are:
- Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
- Delivery of project to the baseline schedule/cost and performance in line with project and business success criteria
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with the company Business Management System;
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss); agree plans with the Sponsor and submit/present regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken
- Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering / project / construction management or a related field
- APM or Chartered Professional (ChPP) - attained or willing to attain with support
- Significant proven track record of success in a Lead Project Management position
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar major project delivery environment / business in a value of excess of £15m+
- Full successful project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
- Successful track record of site management in a senior leadership role within a complex regulated and/or safety-critical environment.
- Significant experience of leading and motivating large direct and indirect teams to establish improved productivity and positive morale.
- Proven project management and control skills to deliver either a major project of high complexity and risk or a programme of projects of medium risk and complexity.
- Proven track record of managing a demanding customer interface
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and report financial information and the ability to recognise and understand the project controls deliverables.
- Successful track record of managing Integrated Project Team
- Proven experience working within various contracting methodologies and frameworks (e.g., FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
Security & Diversity
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Babcock are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
What can you expect in return?
- Base Salary - in the range of £85k and £115k
- Bonus up to 30%
- Car allowance of £8k
- BUPA health care
- Relocation assistance if necessary
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
- Employee Share Plan
- Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities
- If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments
Veredus is the executive search & selection and interim management provider of choice for both Public & Private sectors with a strong track record of filling niche, hard to fill roles.
All applications must be made on-line via the Veredus Website. A detailed candidate pack is available to review for this role on our website as below.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Applications close 5pm BST on 14 th September 2021