Edinburgh - Project/MI Analyst
Up to £35,000/annum plus benefits.
Large financial organisation based in Central Edinburgh are looking for an experienced Finance/MI Analyst to join on a permanent basis. The successful candidate would be working in the Operations team that covers all sorts of business support functions such as Change, Property & Procurement and Payments.
Core responsibilities would include:
- Maintain Finance Trackers and derive key MI and Dashboard metrics for reporting into all weekly and monthly forums
- Raise and manage the Change Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Reporting on invoicing vs. estimates
- Manage Project Change Requests and Vision Statements as part of the Portfolio planning exercise
- Respond to queries in relation to financial management processes
- Responsible for Impact Assessment (Quotation) Management end to end
- Ad hoc management information and reporting
Candidates must have these skills and experience to be considered:
- Experience of working within a project-orientated function; experience of supporting Programme and Project Managers preferred but not necessary
- Finance qualification preferred - either degree or working towards an accounting qualification or at least three years experience working in a Finance role
- Agile knowledge - preferably Scrum
- High attention to detail
- MS Office Suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational ability and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly, calmly and positively to changing priorities
- Financial Services industry experience preferred but not necessary
In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Use the established methodologies and disciplines to ensure projects are under control and on track to deliver, - escalating as appropriate
- Support Finance Manager in Reporting Pack Preparation eg changes delivering into the bank, including forward look ahead dashboards; monthly change reporting and month end financials
- Track and monitor WO predicted spend vs Actual amount invoiced - reporting on variances both in resource time and cost
- Create useable MI packs around both financials and PM metrics
- Review and improve current SR tracking processes
- Ensure project forecast spend is in line with actuals (programme projects mainly)
- Co-ordinate Finance and the Project Managers on the monthly actuals and forecasting process
For more information, please apply online or send your CV direct. Due to the high volume of application only those suitable for the role will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 5 days assume you are unsuccessful.
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV in application.
We will contact you within 72 hours if your skills are relevant to our client's requirement.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com.