Job DescriptionKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing solutions and architectures in collaboration with engineering teams, business partners, and technology vendors.
- Drive strategy by advising project teams and other partners on the external technology landscape, both within the media and entertainment industry and beyond.
- Evaluate new technologies, support proof-of-concept/prototyping and participate in the development of creative service offerings.
- Partner with Enterprise Technologies Business Engagement Leaders to drive strategic change and ensure business drivers and requirements are reflected in the solution strategies.
Interact with leadership to identify technology needs, develop technical strategies, perform internal assessments, examine competitor benchmarking and research industry offerings.
- Contribute to a culture of providing increased business value by delivering the right services, the right way and with the right team.
- Participate on the Services Review Board to provide oversight for new services and enabling technologies within the infrastructure organization.
- Ensure that all Enterprise Technology pillars are aligned in support of short- and long-term needs for - Enterprise Technologies and the internal Business Units that it services.
- Align with the Chief Architect to ensure consistency in framework, documentation, tools, and overall infrastructure strategy.
- Maintain contact with strategic partners and outside peers to remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Participate in negotiations on contracts with third-party service providers.
The Solution Architect's main responsibility will be crafting cloud, infrastructure and "as-a-service" solutions for the Internal Business Units (News, Sports, Film, TV, Theme Park and Corporate). Other responsibilities will include engaging with Enterprise Technology teams (e.g. Network, Hosting, Operations, Client Services, and Business Engagement) in multiple capacities to solve complex technical challenges and provide mentorship or oversight on enterprise initiatives. This position will require validated leadership, communication, influencing, and facilitation skills as well as subject matter expertise across multiple infrastructure and cloud domains.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience).
• 10+ years in related field, with at least 3 years in a management role.
• Minimum 5 years of experience leading complex programs/projects with demonstrable record of successful completion.
• Solid documentation skills related to business analysis and requirements gathering.
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, Project or related applications.
• Good communication, influencing, and leadership skills.
• Ability to convey complex ideas and communicate effectively with senior leadership.
• Results- and goal-oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete.
• Appropriate sense of urgency and commitment for critical work.
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, Ownership
• Deep understanding of application and infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, network, database, web, integration, virtualization, cloud hosting).
• Previous participation in migration from on premise to cloud infrastructure services and transformation from service provider to service broker.
• Extraordinary technical skills with implementation, architecture, and integration experience.
• Experience developing and delivering complex technology architecture on enterprise level/scale.
• Strong facilitation skills to engage subject matter experts to define requirements and conduct detailed design reviews with project team.
• Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion.
• Experience in agile software development, automated testing, and DevOps.
• Experience within media and entertainment industry.
• Proven experience developing strategies and roadmaps as well as establishing standards, policies, and frameworks.
• Adaptable with history of leading effectively under pressure and through significant change.
• Service-orientated with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction in a matrixed operating environment.
• Experience advising and collaborating with senior executives on technology related topics.
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and partners and tie back to business objectives.
• Customer-/Business-centric mindset and demonstrated track record of aligning IT objectives and programs to business goals and strategies
• Personally, and professionally self-aware with ability to interact productively with employees at all levels.
• Careful listener with an approach that is inclusive of other view points and perspectives; confidence to make tough decisions about difficult issues with limited data.
• Transparent communicator practicing open and honest interactions
• Prior experience working on a team with multi-functional individuals within a matrix organization to meet bold business demands.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Interested please submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.