Repair Technician - evaluation, diagnosis, PCB, wiring, testing
We are recruiting for a Repair Technician to work in Cheltenham. The role will see you working for a world-leading provider of commercial and military jet engines, components and mechanical systems for aircrafts.
- As a Repair Technician in the aerospace environment, you will be responsible for the repair, modification and overhaul of electronic avionic assemblies and printed circuit boards for a variety of civil or military customers.
- Evaluation, diagnosis, repair and functional test of aerospace Avionic and Power system Line Replaceable Units.
- Avionic equipment includes visual displays - LCD, CRT, head up and head down units, plus data management systems. The in-depth repairs go down to, and included, PCB fault diagnosis and micro complement replacement.
- Power management equipment includes load contactors, case wiring, and PCB diagnosis and component replacement
- Fault find to component level and repair, as required.
- Use of manual and automated test equipment.
- Supporting engineering/quality investigations and project work as and when required.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and read complex electronic digital/analogue circuit diagrams.
- Raise all relevant paperwork to complete the task, ensuring trace-ability and Regulatory compliance is maintained throughout the repair process.
- Previous experience of fault diagnosis and testing of electronic components essential;
- The ability to demonstrate that they are able to utilise detailed Manuals, drawings and other documentation to aid this requirement.
- Minimum of ONC or time served experience apprentice or similar level of knowledge and experience.
- PC literate.
- Team player who is inclusive in their approach.
- Good manual dexterity.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Able to work to own initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a varied work load.
- Outstanding integrity.
Please apply by submitting your CV.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.