OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Being highly proficient in Company policies relating to all bidding channels. Act as a member of department policing these processes and upholding Company Core Values.
To provide a professional, efficient, high standard of service to our clients both internal and external.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS (Duties include but are not limited to the following):
* Preparation of Auctioneers Book, liaising with specialist departments and Auctioneer.
* Direct communication with clients, creation of new accounts on Client and Object system (COS)
* Managing and analysing internet absentee bids received through
* Follow correct procedures for Anti-Money Laundering, Credit Control for Clients. Liaising with respective teams responsible for this.
* Creating reports, statistics of bidding trends, evaluating bid department performance.
* Carry out post sale procedures, liaising with finance and specialist departments in closing sale.
* Liaising with senior staff about optimizing Bid Department procedures.
* Training casual staff and managing the casual staff during offsite sales while the rest of the permanent team is offsite.
* Update Bid statistics after each sale, research past underbidders and buyers.
* Preparing reports for Specialist Departments.
* Sales clerking for each auction, Responsible for entering buying information directly onto in-house systems (JDE). Providing main support for Auctioneer during sale - spotting bids, noting underbidders
* Coordinating Telephone Bid allocation. Organising staff bidding on telephone.
* Proficient in Christie's LIVE registration and procedures
* Registration of bids into Christie's IT systems
* Communicating with clients by phone, fax, email via inbox and in person
* Prepared to carry out these duties at offsite sales if requested
* Inbox administration
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Enthusiastic, flexible team player
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Strong experience of prioritising tasks to tight deadlines
* Accuracy and attention to detail in dealing with all client data
* Excellent organisational and communication skills
* Strong focus on excellent client service
* Strong experience of Microsoft packages and other specialised systems
* Second language preferred
* Perfect spoken and written English
* Professional appearance following specified dress code
* Commitment to regular and punctual attendance
* Flexible working hours when required, including evening and weekend sale coverage
Closing date: 18th February 2018
Client Services & Operations -S