LOCATION: Portsmouth, Hampshire & Surrounding areas
JOB TITLE: Quantity Surveyor / Construction Project Manager
SALARY & BENEFITS: circa £35,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience plus benefits including 28 days holiday, potential annual bonus related system, additional payment for working away, company phone, car allowance, pension and training
WORKING HOURS: Full Time
THE COMPANY: Our client are a highly experienced specialist refurbishment contractor working on projects ranging from £20K - £1.5million who specialises in fit out/refurbishment projects in the retail and leisure industries ranging from restaurants, hotels, retail and leisure outlets. Working mainly across the South Coast region / M4 Corridor and central London they now seek a qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor / Construction Project Manager with a background and knowledge within the refurbishment industry to join their existing team.
THE ROLE: A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Construction Project Manager to join one of the leading fit out/refurbishment contractors with over 50 years experience in the UK and in return offer an excellent salary and benefits.
Key Duties and responsibilities as a Quantity Surveyor / Construction Project Manager can include,
- Receiving tender documentation and preparing sub-contractor & supplier enquiry documents. Collating and checking tender returns from sub-contractors
- Preparing tenders and estimates for reviewing with the directors on time for submission in a competitive tendering process
- Liaison with clients team to complete any potential value engineering
- Reviewing and quantifying sub-contractors valuations and payment application
- Negotiations with suppliers to provide competitive rates
- Prepare priced schedules of works with current clients and negotiate values
- Attend site meetings where required
- Attend sites to survey and measure in preparation for tender submissions
- Preparing a working in house net cost schedule to assist Contract Managers and negotiate Net Cost Schedule with sub-contractors and suppliers
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the Quantity Surveyor / Construction Project Managers role must have experience in Quantity Surveying and a good understanding/experience of refurbishments and construction within the Pub & Restaurant industry as well have experience in a contractors background. You must be an excellent communicator who can work with and build good relations with clients and will also posses excellent negotiating skills. In addition, candidates must have a good understanding of Health & Safety matters, must live within commutable distance to Portsmouth, Hampshire and must have a valid UK Driving Licence. Although not essential, candidates with construction related qualifications, specifically up to degree level will be highly desirable.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the role :-
- Experience in Quantity Surveying and a good understanding of refurbishment and construction
- Must have experience working refurbishment contracts
- Good negotiating skills
- Good communication skills and attitude towards clients
- Good understanding of Health & Safety matters and good IT skills
- Experience working with a contractor background
- Candidates with construction related qualifications, specifically up to degree level will be highly desirable
- Must have valid UK driving licence
- Will ideally be located within 1 hour travel time from Portsmouth
Does this sound like you? If Yes then click the apply button now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps