LOCATION: Coventry, Warwickshire (positions in Coventry & Royal Leamington Spa and Warwick)
JOB TITLE: Prisoner Custody Officer / Court Custody Officers
SALARY & BENEFITS: £16,926 with potential overtime available (OTE earnings £21,500+ with overtime) plus benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and life assurance, discount & childcare vouchers
WORKING HOURS: Full Time
THE COMPANY: If you are looking for a new challenge where no day is the same and can provide an outstanding service by ensuring the safe and secure movement of people in custody; within our clients vehicles and courts across England and Wales, whilst working efficiently to meet deadlines, then our client wants to hear from you!
Our client are a well respected prisoner transportation company who provide the safe and secure transportation and custody suite services for prisoners and young people in custody across England and Wales and our now looking for Prisoner Custody Officer / Court Custody Officers to join their existing team. There are currently positions available in Coventry & Royal Leamington Spa and Warwick.
THE ROLE: As a Prisoner Custody Officer / Court Custody Officer your primary responsibility is maintaining the welfare of the people in our clients custody, providing care and support during their time in the court system. You will provide a duty of care to prisoners and will treat them fairly and decently without discrimination, with respect for their dignity, and with understanding and compassion. This is a varied and interesting role where no day can be the same, and full training including first aid, mental health, and control and restraint will be given to candidates as well as an excellent salary, with great benefits and working conditions.
Key Responsibilities for the Prisoner Custody Officer / Court Custody Officers role include :-
- Responsible for the safe and secure movement of people in our client's custody; including out of prison, in vehicles, at court including to the dock, and on legal visits and comfort breaks
- Ensure the welfare of people in custody, including conducting risk assessments for vulnerable or 'at risk' people, managing meal times & snacks as well as ensuring comfort stops are taken when necessary whilst in transit
- Ensuring all 'prisoner checks' are completed and recorded
- Manage incidents if they occur including potential use of physical force to control and restrain when required
- Liaise with third party agencies including the police and prison services to ensure correct documentation is completed
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the role should be a calm and patient person who has excellent communication skills and can effectively build good working relations with people on all levels. You should be someone who has a positive and practical attitude, is non judgemental and can provide a high level of care to people. You must be organised and able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure, and must have a valid UK driving licence (C1 driving licence would be desirable).
Due to the nature of this role you should be someone who is physically fit, must be comfortable in confined spaces with prisoners, able to commit to a flexible working pattern and be happy to undergo a vetting process and DBS checks a well as extensive training in a classroom setting.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Prisoner Custody Officer / Court Custody Officers role:-
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Should be a calm, caring and patient individual
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines
- Must live in commutable distance to either Coventry & Royal Leamington Spa or Warwick
- Must have valid UK Driving Licence (preferably C1 Licence but not essential)
- Must be Physical fit and able to use force and restrain when required
- Flexibility with the hours you can work is essential
- A positive and practical attitude is essential
- Must be willing to undergo a DBS check and company vetting process
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Please note, if successful you will be invited to an interview and assessment by the employer so who will contact you via email, phone or by text.