In this critical role on AlixPartners' Corporate Services team, you will support the Information Technology (IT) business unit via the Cloud, Client Services, and Innovation Team. This position is a key member IT and is responsible for day-to-day operational and technical support in the area of systems & network engineering across all systems and platforms.
The CCSI Systems Engineer is a full-time role reporting to the Cloud Platform Delivery and Operations Director and may be located in one of the following offices: London, UK; Detroit, MI; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Buenos Aires, Argentina. Paid relocation is not available.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day systems, server, and network engineering support functions for various systems and platforms, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Windows servers, Active Directory, various distributions of Linux infrastructure, and 3 rd party application platforms. Participate with cross-discipline teams as necessary.
- Assist in the design and operations of AlixPartners' Cloud Platforms - including Azure and AWS.
- Participate in the design and implementation of various new system implementations and upgrades.
- Analyze, report, and advise on various systems and applications performance issues.
- Provide day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various platforms and systems.
- Participate as a key technical resource for current and new systems planning and scoping.
- Participate in the configuration and setup of technology resources for new consulting engagements.
- Participate in the analysis of new software applications, application architecture, and configurations, and participate as a key member of the team in reconfiguring systems, databases, and applications for optimal performance. Participate in troubleshooting as required.
- Participate in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in defining and implementing the overall structure and standards for systems documentation.
- Acquire knowledge, via both formal and on-the-job training of the various 3 rd party packaged software applications and custom solutions used to provide systems monitoring, management, and reporting within the Digital service offering.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Experience in supporting information systems implementation, support, and monitoring, preferably within (but not limited to) a predominantly Microsoft environment.
- Experience working in and/or implementing "compliance" environments such as SOC2, ISO27001, HIPPA, etc.
- Experience with Windows7/8, Windows Server OS (W2k8/2012).
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux - or similar distribution a plus.
- Exposure working in Amazon's AWS / EC2 infrastructure (or similar provider).
- Exposure working in Microsoft's Azure Platform
- Experience with Windows Powershell and other Infrastructure as code languages
- Experience with database MSSQL Servers (Oracle would be a plus)
- Experience Apache WebServer and Tomcat Application Server hosting
- Experience with IIS hosting
- Exposure to 'Big Data' / BI / Analytics technologies (Business Objects, Tableau, QlikView, Stata)
- Relevant certificates such as Azure Administrator, MCSE, AWS Administrator, etc. a plus
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to quickly research new platforms and issues,
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Experience in large, production-oriented service operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations with large data volumes.
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges.
Working Across the EU: Applicants need to have their own documents or work permits in place that enable them to travel and work across the European Union.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.