About the Opportunity:
The Transaction Services team at FTI Consulting offer a forward-looking perspective to the fast-paced European and global transactions market. Whether representing buyers or sellers, we offer a comprehensive financial due diligence service leading to value-related advice and hands-on support across a full spectrum of industries.
We are looking for candidates with experience in Business Development to join our London-based team as a Consultant / Senior Consultant. This is a non-client facing role and has more of an internal business facing focus with a direct reporting line to one of our Senior MDs in the Transaction Services team. Through formal and informal on the job learning, you will develop the skill set to become a leading advisor providing the best industry advice to our clients.
About the role:
The key activities for this role focus on business development within the Transaction Services space. Typically, your responsibilities will include:
* Market Intelligence - gathering intelligence for transaction opportunities coming to market and identification & valuation of target opportunities.
* Business Development - assisting with the preparation of pitch documents for proposals.
* Relationship Management - proactively building and managing relationships - both internally and externally with an element of client account management. You will also act as a key relationship manager with our internal advisor network.
* Research Projects - taking overall responsibility for delivery of smaller research projects and providing support on larger projects. These could be on buy or sell side, refinancing, equity raising transactions etc.
What we are looking for:
Knowledge & experience:
* A background in business development either with investment banks, strategy consulting firms, corporates, private equity, venture funds or other tier-1 accounting firms.
Skills and Competencies:
* Self-starter and a team player with strong relationship management skills.
* Strong communication skills both written and spoken.
* Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
* A 2:1 degree or equivalent.
* The ability to work in a meritocratic structure which recognizes and rewards individual contribution.
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.