Edward Carter Solutions have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal Consultant looking to start an initial 6 month contract.
You will support the Group Legal Director and Senior Legal Counsels in Global Legal team with day to day needs as they arise. A significant amount of work will involve assisting ongoing group restructure project.
You will have the following skills and experience:
Paralegal Job Duties:
* Perform research on legal questions as required and provide succinct conclusions and advice on the way forward;
* Undertake due diligence of legal agreements and present in an organised and intuitive manner;
* Attend meetings and assist legal counsel by having on hand all documents and materials needed, as well as taking concise minutes;
* Draft legal agreements and other documents as necessary, including license agreements, confirmation letters, termination notices, board minutes and resolutions;
* Be responsible for maintaining document tracker and electronic and physical filing of executed agreements and documents;
* Effectively communicate with different teams both in the UK and around the globe, as well as third parties, staying up to date with and keeping all correspondence organised; and
* Fulfil any other miscellaneous legal tasks that may arise, eg group legal admin, opening and maintaining electronic matters and physical files, filing court documents etc.
Paralegal Job Skills and Qualifications:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Comfortable handling large work load under time constraints
* Good organisational skills
* Computer skills (particularly experience in using excel/Powerpoint)
* Ability to prioritise
* Candidate must have attained good GCSE and A Level grades and at least a 2.1 in their university degree. LPC preferable but not necessary.
Paralegals looking to apply for this role should either reply to this advert or contact Peter Loveday.