Senior Sales Manager
Boscombe Down (Salisbury)
3 Month contract initially
Competitive Daily rates £
My client are looking for a Senior Sales Manager to join their team based in in Boscombe Down. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years in Business Development, previously worked with a blend of Government, Military, Defence and Commercial clients and will be comfortable with some ad hoc international travel (5%).
- Develop and own the growth strategy of the business unit (IDT), working alongside the business unit leader (IDTL) to deliver orders in line with the strategy over a 1-3 year period. Protecting and securing current customers and market position.
- Strategy: Own, set and deliver the business unit strategy and deliver against challenging objectives. Develop and deliver a qualified 3 year order intake pipeline valued in the tens of millions.
- Customer/Partner Relationships: Build and retain strong relationships with existing customers and partners at executive and senior management levels to close deals and provide our delivery businesses with sound, profitable contracts. Ensuring that customer focus is at the heart of the business decision making.
- Leadership: Provide business winning leadership capability to the business unit. Success will depend on your ability to forge strong intra and inter-company collaborative working relationships to develop great solutions for our customers. Ensure all of the blockers and accelerants for delivering the strategy are identified and mitigated or exploited. Identify key risks in delivering the growth strategy and to work with the team to remove them as impediments to growth.
- In Year Accountabilities: Deliver the in-year orders and a growing order intake pipeline in accordance with agreed expectations. Set and manage the budget to prosecute the strategy and ensure Return on Investment.
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous demonstrable experience in a sales/business development role at a management level in a commercial environment
- A leading advocate and practitioner of winning business, liaising with customers at a senior level, structuring propositions and overseeing the creation of proposals and bids
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within sales and an understanding of the technological disciplines and project delivery
- Experience of leading a team of professionals
- Thorough understanding of sales competencies and tools, best practice and current thinking regarding effective and commercially sound sales strategies
- Highly skilled at managing relationships and conflicting priorities at a senior level
- Strong coaching, facilitation and consultancy skills with a proven track record of being able to influence at all levels
- Knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector and how they may relate to QQ
- Ability use multiple sources of information to evaluate situations to drive the best possible outcome.
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.