Contracts Manager based in Warwick on a 6 Month Contract.
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
To define and achieve sound contractual partnering arrangements, deploying appropriate professional teams to support the arrangements and leading on negotiations to maximize the business commercial advantage and ensuring suppliers perform to the contractual agreements. Working with minimal supervision to develop the contract strategy and development and implementation of appropriate commercial strategies, playing a central role in eliminating preventable value loss and ensuring contract delivery.
- Experience of creating & delivering a contract strategy, setting up, negotiating and managing supplier contractual arrangements.
- Strong customer management experience, with a strong track record of influencing customers and partner organisations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading and influencing a large devolved team.
- Ability to analyse KPIs and contract data, to manage contract performance and support commercial decision making.
- Role works with internal and external stakeholders to execute all contracts through conception to completion. Assessing contract risks and executing mitigation plans ensuring opportunities to drive value are leveraged and that risks are identified and mitigated.
- Provide the commercial lead on supplier contract, providing commercial leadership and expertise across a range of contracts as required to maximise the efficiency and value of contracts.
- Proactively identify, build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with suppliers, and contractors in order to understand and influence external opinion and maintain a strong reputation for the business.
- Partner with and coach suppliers to encourage new entrants to the market to ensure availability of equipment of an appropriate standard, cost basis and quality to meet demand.
- Lead on implementation of a Supplier and Contractor Performance and Monitoring process, reporting on contract performance and escalating where needed.
- Lead on the commercial management of development contracts, providing expertise and experience in order to determine and agree contractual requirements that will out-turn within budget and deliver against business objectives, ensuring they comply with relevant policies and procedures and drive maximum and mutual benefit to the business.
- Designing and maintaining best in class contract management processes.
- Provide specialist commercial support to other teams and projects within as and when required for specific projects with which they are involved.
- Recruit and lead a highly motivated, innovative and customer focused operational team, developing talent and a performance management culture that drives value through staff engagement and successfully meets and exceeds all relevant targets and strategic objectives.
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.