Resource Solutions - KPMG
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement - "our people are extraordinary"
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our 'service pledge' underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. The operation consists of a HR Shared Services team, a HR Technology team and a HR Transformation team. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver
Context of role As a Senior HR Assistant in Experienced Hire Onboarding, you will be working as part of a team to manage the onboarding process, from the point of offer acceptance to the individual starting with KPMG.
You will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams, liaising across the business with key stakeholders, and also coordinating with numerous 3rd parties. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm's values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Allocate all tasks from ServiceNow to the team taking into account capability, workload and resource. Monitoring tasks throughout the day to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met
- As a Subject Matter Expert you will have in-depth knowledge of the onboarding process and relevant polices, advising on complex queries accurately and within SLA, escalating where appropriate to the Team Leader
- You will be the first point of escalation for the team and answering the HR Assistant's queries. You will ensure complaints and escalations are dealt with in a timely manner, resolving and identifying satisfactory solutions for our clients. You will hold difficult conversations with stakeholders and your team members where necessary
- Carrying out the onboarding process for any HR or Partner joiners, providing an excellent level of service to all KPMG stakeholders by offering proactive and timely updates, and keeping to all internal Service Level Agreements
- Take responsibility for ad hoc project work such as TUPEs and acquisitions. In addition, you may be asked to lead or support on wider ad hoc People Operations projects and tasks from time to time and you will be expected to work on this alongside your normal workload
- Conduct training and induction for all new joiners into the team as well as identifying training needs, providing ad hoc training as and when required. Sharing knowledge and experience proactively across the team. You will maintain process documents ensuring these are up to date and fit for purpose
- Carrying out 2nd line checks on all of the onboarding activities completed by your team, whilst ensuring any errors are captured and the whole team upskilled where necessary
- You will be expected to be accountable and proactive, designing and driving solutions to improve customer service, operational efficiency and processes. Having the ability to take a logical, systematic, coherent approach to issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all the options available to make an informed decision
- Building relationships with other People Operations teams, and encourage the team to do so as well, ensuring we are working together as an effective Shared Service Centre. You will be an advocate for change across People Operations
- Taking personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
Experience, Qualification and Skills
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator - written and verbal;
- The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
- Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system