Job DescriptionKEY INFO
Role: Graphic Designer
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Team: Graphic Design
Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in a similar role
Closing date: 31st August 2018
This company is an established digital video games e-commerce operation. Every day thousands of gamers trust them with their game purchases and since launching in November 2012, they have sold over 45 million games in over 200 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
They require a Graphic Designer to join our extremely busy design department. This is a fast-paced role and one which requires a flair for design, ability to think on your feet and produce designs that capture the essence of the product/brand in an instant. So if you you want to be a part of an innovative and ever-evolving business , then read on!
RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Produce professional and innovative physical and digital graphics as required for the Company.
- Be able to work with a verbal and/or written brief to achieve a high standard of work at all times.
- Ensure graphics work requests are completed within a given deadline.
- Adhere to any Company styles and brand guidelines.
- Be responsible for, and the proofing of own work.
- Liaise with Graphic Design Manager and other members of the business on specified projects where appropriate.
- Work as a team within the department and communicate effectively.
- Keep up to date with competitor trends.
- Keep up to date with new design trends and ideas.
- Keep up to date with the latest software developments that would benefit the department.
~ Ability to edit video as and when required, this includes having an understanding and ability to use video creation/editing software, for example Adobe After Effects.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience using Apple Macs.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within the print and design industry.
- Qualified to a minimum of HND level in graphic design or similar art and design-based subjects.
- Must have a high level of English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent planning and expediting skills.
- Able to clearly communicate on all levels.
- Must be able to maintain a persistent, yet positive approach at all times.
The successful candidate needs to be innovative and have a real creative ability with good design flair and an attention to detail. It's imperative that good communication and interpersonal skills are abundant and a positive and conscientious attitude is displayed at all times. The ideal person will be self-motivated, have bundles of initiative and thrives when working in a pressured environment with tight deadlines.
- Early Friday finish at 3.30pm
- Death in Service benefit
- Kitchen with unlimited beverage supplies
- Birthday off (if it falls within working week)
- Unlimited pick 'n' mix
- Games room
- Collaborative, open plan office space
Please ensure you include a link to your latest portfolio with your application.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.