NIHR Exeter Clinical Research Facility is a partnership between the University of Exeter and the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust. Our mission is to support high quality experimental medicine research.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Lab Clinical Research Support Officer will work under the direction of the Clinical Research Facility Technical Team & Project Managers to help ensure the smooth management of patient samples and data for research projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use of liquid handling robotics to manage samples
- Developing archiving systems for research samples
- Processing patient samples for research use
- Manage data and develop databases for research studies
- Undertake data input and analysis of clinical research data
- Carry out any other duties and projects as required by your Line Manager, commensurate with the level of the post.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE CRITERIA:
Degree from a UK University in Biology or Biomedical Science
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Be able to work independently and be self-motivated, whilst being a dedicated team player.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the unit, with a sensitive awareness of team dynamics.
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- An impeccable attendance record and highly reliable.
- An aptitude to for quickly mastering new IT technologies
- Project planning skills, able to set and meet priorities, targets and deadlines.
- Very high computer literacy in Microsoft Office and experience of statistics software e.g Stata.
- Some laboratory experience.
- Right to work in UK for the duration of the internship
Closing Date: 07.08.2018
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 months from start date
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com.