LOCATION: Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire (Commutable from Buxton, Stockport, Macclesfield & Sheffield)
JOB TITLE: Trainee Design Engineer / Draughtsperson
SALARY & BENEFITS: starting salary £12,000 plus benefits
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
THE COMPANY: Our client have been established over 70 years and are one of the world's largest manufacturers of overhead cranes (or ), hoists and crane components. They now seek a motivated individual with a keen interest in Engineering to join their existing team based in Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire (Commutable from Buxton, Stockport, Macclesfield & Sheffield). The Trainee Engineer / Draughtsperson's role would be a fantastic opportunity for a mechanically minded college, school leaver or graduate that is looking to start and develop a career.
THE ROLE: This is a Trainee Engineer / Draughtspersons role where the you will get paid day release to study a HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering at a local College subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
What is expected of you for the Trainee Engineer / Draughtspersons role :
Candidates should be motivated indivoiduals with a keen interest in Engineering and will ideally have a GCSE C or above in Maths, English and a Science. Previous work/industrial experience within a heavy manufacturing/engineering environment is extremely desirable but not essential.
Key Experience/ Characteristics that will need to be demonstrated for the Trainee Engineer / Draughtspersons role :-
- Must have a keen interest in Engineering
- Will need to be a punctual and well organised person
- Enthusiastic person with a desire to listen, learn, ask questions and be prepared to take on constructive criticism
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team, showing respect for others and listen to instructions from others
- Good IT skills and a practical and logical with a desire for problem solving
- Must be be able to commute to Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire (Commutable from Buxton, Stockport, Macclesfield & Sheffield)
- Driving licence preferred, but must be willing to learn to drive and pass driving test within the first two years of the Programme
Does this sound like you? Are you the Junior Mechanical Engineer our client is looking for?
If Yes then click the apply button now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps