The Exciting Opportunity
Arcadis is now looking to appoint an Associate Technical Director with expertise in Hydrogeology to play an integral role in our Site Evaluation and Restoration (SER) team part of the wider Environment, Safety and Industry business line.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Hydrogeology Business Manager, the successful candidate will take a leading role on projects located in London and the south east. The SER team provides a comprehensive range of investigation, assessment and remediation services to both public and private sector clients in the UK and overseas. Our projects are multi-award winning; including advanced conceptualisation, high resolution site investigation; innovative remediation methods and R&D projects. This role can be based from either of our office locations in the South East - Cambridge, Croydon or Guildford.
- Lead the delivery of projects ensuring client satisfaction, effective project management and good communication and collaboration between Arcadis colleagues.
- Engage with the client and all key stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of project objectives and to establish protocols for working together.
- Select, lead and develop the project team, to ensure they have the necessary skills to deliver the project, they understand and are engaged with the project strategy, brief and client requirements, and to manage their delivery of project objectives.
- Develop and propose potential solutions, including solutions that fall outside the standard codes where appropriate, to meet or exceed client expectations. Guide clients through the technical decision-making process and provide alternative solutions if there are changes to project parameters.
- Develop strong, partnering relationships with senior client personnel in order to identify and resolve issues, to identify business opportunities and to influence their decision making.
- Build strong working relationships with other teams and technical disciplines, Arcadis offices and external organisations to foster cooperation and to identify cross-sell and trade-up opportunities.
- Lead the preparation of specialist elements of bids, to support the production of high quality winning bids.
- Coach and mentor specialist professionals to support the development of Arcadis talent pool.
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry sector and with technical and legislative developments and seek out opportunities to develop a strong professional profile at an Area level (e.g. conference presentations, publications and participation in technical committees.
What You have to Offer:
- Strong consulting skills in Hydrogeology including project management and client relationship management at senior management level
- Experience in managing business relationships at senior management level
- Generate high margin and consulting sales through collaborative working, within and across sectors
- Lead exceptional client outcomes through service excellence across multiple, complex capability areas in challenging and risky environments
- To cultivate insights and solutions, and innovate our service offering with clients and within Arcadis
- To positively lead and engage with the SHE agenda and to embrace diversity, inclusion and well-being in the working environment
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that collectively generate a revenue of €2.5 billion. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: .
Arcadis UK incorporates the legacy Hyder and EC Harris brands and continues to grow both organically and through acquisition.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic, team focused work environment with roles and responsibilities that will both challenge and reward the successful candidate. Our local focus and global reach; alongside our attention to education provide an excellent platform for career progression. There will be a great deal of responsibility and endless opportunity for positive impact to accompany the competitive remuneration package that will reflect the seniority and importance of the role. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Matched Pension, up to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com.