Vacancy: Qualified Residential Childcare Workers
Location: Maidenhead, Aylesbury and surrounding areas, St. Albans and Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £24,847.68 per annum
Benefits: 28 day's annual leave including Bank Holidays, sick pay scheme after successful probation, matched pension scheme, paid in-house training, 30p per mile for business miles
Hours: Full time, 39 hours per week and an average of 2 sleep ins per week
Closing Date for Applications: 15th August 2018
The Company: Our client is one of the largest providers of children's residential care. The Cross Regional Project is a unique service set up with our client and 6 local authorities to provide care and education to young people. Their services offer good quality therapeutic care for young people and excellent support, training and progression for the staff teams.
Our client is currently seeking Qualified Residential Childcare Workers to work in Maidenhead, Aylesbury, St. Albans, Hemel Hempstead and surrounding areas.
The Role: As a Residential Childcare Worker, you will encourage each young person to be involved in all aspects of their care. This will involve skill development, problem solving and assessment of risk, while being mindful of their individual capabilities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Nurturing and caring for the young people
• Providing high quality care that will enable each young person to grow and develop healthily
• Implementing and maintaining clear and consistent boundaries necessary for the creation of a safe and secure environment
• Be an active and willing participant in all team activities
• Flexibility in your approach to work and available for sleep-ins
• Flexibility to work in any of the homes in the region on either a temporary or permanent basis
Essential Criteria for Residential Childcare Worker role:
• Be qualified to QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care (Children)
• Ability to perform sleeping in duties and willing to work additional hours to cover sickness and holidays and to work in other homes within your area
• Willing to work Bank Holidays and Christmas Holidays
• Ability to engage with young people in a positive and proactive approach
• Effective communication skills
• Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
Desirable Candidate Criteria:
• Driving licence
• Previous experience of working with children, preferably in residential childcare
Are you the Qualified Residential Childcare Workers that we are looking for based in Maidenhead, Aylesbury and surrounding areas, St. Albans and Hemel Hempstead ? If YES, then hit the 'Apply' button now where you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire. If you are shortlisted after your initial application, you will be sent an application form to complete.