Are you looking for your next career steps in IT? We have an outstanding opportunity for a Systems Developer to join a new team within the University of Bath's Computing Services responsible for the development and maintenance of Dynamics solutions and services that support the University's research, teaching and professional services. For your initial project, you will be part of a Project Team building an entirely new Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution for our student placements activities with a special focus on the development of the User Interface design. You will be working closely with the Project Manager, Technical Project Team and Stakeholders including the University's Placements Teams and Placement Tutors. The new system will integrate with existing University systems including the student records system.
The post holder will be responsible for:
• The development of the User (student) Interface of the solution and provide guidance and expertise on the best technologies for the project.
• Communicate effectively and act as a key liaison with customers, team members and colleagues across the University.
• Be able to manage customers' expectations, clearly explaining what is realistically possible or not.
• Looking at developing Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions within the University.
The successful candidate will receive a comprehensive training package to include Dynamics 365 and any other relevant training (depending on the candidate skills).
• Experience of developing web applications or equivalent using up-to-date programming languages
• Ability to work within a close knit team while still being able to work autonomously
• Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude, particularly when identifying service improvements
• Committed to self-development. Continually improves knowledge, skills and behaviours making sure to transfer any relevant knowledge/skills gained to the rest of the team
About The University of Bath
The University of Bath is a leading UK research university, dedicated to making a positive impact to the world we live in. The superb facilities and practical support available at the University have created an ethos and environment which inspires a culture of innovation and fresh thinking. The University's researchers engage closely with industry, the public and policy makers to explore challenging projects that examine the questions and inform the solutions that make a difference to society. The University is located in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath. The city was established as a Roman spa town and is famous for its spectacular Georgian architecture.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition we offer the following employee benefits:
• 18% employer pension contributions (8% employee contributions)
• 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
• A flexible working environment
• Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
• Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
• Interest free loans for public transport seasons tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
• Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
• Discounted physiotherapy services
If you'd like to find out more about working for Computing Services or to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing Date: Sunday 12 August 2018
Interviews to be held week of the 20th August.