Are you an experienced Ecologist looking to work on some of the biggest projects in the UK alongside some of the best and most committed ecological consultants in the country?
We are recruiting at all levels for all of the above locations and would be especially interested in candidates with a Bat Low Impact Class Licence. Arcadis can offer a very competitive package along with excellent career prospects.
Presently, we are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including the EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, Wrap, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
To be considered for the role, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a relevant Degree, ideally with a further education qualification
- Full Membership of CIEEM (or equivalent)
- At least 6 years of experience in ecological consultancy
- Detailed knowledge of ecological principles, UK and European nature conservation guidance and legislation, and ecological impact assessment (EcIA)
- In-depth knowledge of particular plant or animal groups, and appropriate field survey skills
- Ideally hold Survey and/or Development Licences for protected species
- Proven track record in writing ecological appraisals, EcIAs and/or Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements
- Proven track record in writing project and/or plan-level HRA
- Good commercial and project management skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader in your office, you will be accountable for the quality control, coordination and completion of assigned tasks and projects within the Business Unit or project team. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of projects to meet time, budgetary and SHEQ targets, managing the ecological aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations. You will take a leadership role on projects and within the team, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry-recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake ecological surveys, oversee/undertake the analysis of results of field surveys, and manage the production of reports, impact assessments, biodiversity strategies and other documents
- Provide advice on ecological issues, both at an in-depth level within own area of expertise but also on a broad range of issues
- Manage projects (particularly budgets and cashflow), attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Have responsibility for technical quality / approval of project deliverables
- Compile licence applications, including developing mitigation and monitoring
- Undertake/supervise mitigation and monitoring of licensed work and liaise with statutory authorities
- Undertake performance management of assigned team members (as appropriate) and provide training at staff meetings and to smaller groups of staff
- Design research projects and contribute to the development of best practice with respect to training and survey standards, as appropriate
- Manage budgets and the production of bids.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.