The Exciting Opportunity
Owing to our continued success, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Consultant or Senior Air Quality Consultant with proven consultancy experience to work within our Environmental Planning team. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of exciting schemes and we'll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go. This role can be based from either of our regional office locations - Croydon, Warrington, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol or Cardiff.
Overview of Role:
The air quality team is expanding with the increased workload from clients. You will be required to undertake air quality impact assessments for a range of projects including roads, developments and industrial facilities.
Our team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy, infrastructure and residential developments. Our clients include National Grid, Welsh Water, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Welsh Government, Highways England and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers and local authorities.
- Dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial pollution sources.
- Writing air quality reports to accompany planning applications and Environment Impact Assessments.
- Preparing scope of works and fee proposals.
- Mentoring and supporting junior air quality staff.
- Working with the UK air quality team to deliver assessments to tight deadlines.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
What You have to Offer:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also a postgraduate degree.
- Experience of undertaking air quality assessments for a range of projects including highway schemes and developments in the UK.
- A good understanding of UK air quality legislation, policy and guidance including Design Manual for Roads Bridges (DMRB) and UK Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM).
- Experience in air quality modelling software packages ADMS and Breeze AERMOD.
- Experience of using the air quality modelling tools issued by Defra.
- Recent experience of delivering road scheme projects in accordance with DMRB and associated Interim Advice Notes.
- Experience in using GIS software, such as ArcGIS and MapInfo.
- Experience of interpreting air quality monitoring data.
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Highly motivated and committed.
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner.
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail.
- Good team player with excellent time management skills.
- Well-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.