Global Asset Management business with offices based in the City of London.Job Description
- Assist in the preparation and review of c. 850 Periodic CDD reviews.
- Perform 1st Line monitoring of existing medium and high risk accounts (including Client Due Diligence, Source of Wealth, Source of Fund and Transaction Monitoring) within agreed SLA timeframe, to ensure they are complete, accurate and in line with company policy.
- Identify financial crime risk triggers and carry out investigations via publicly available sources and specialist databases.
- Conduct PEP, sanctions and adverse media screening.
- Ensure any complex client structures (e.g. Trusts or offshore corporates) are fully understood, verified and documented.
- Ensure the Financial Crime risks associated with Charities, Trusts and Companies are understood, documented and mitigated.
- Assist the team in tracking and monitoring completion of reviews by Investment Managers, ensuring that Investment Managers undertake the reviews within policy deadlines and overdue reviews are escalated to the Head of AML QA.
- Assist investment managers when required with SoW and CDD review requirements, completion of client profiles, risk assessments and information gathering.
Regulatory Responsibilities (Compliance/T&C)
- Preparation and review of documentation for existing high risk clients, liaising with the Deputy MLRO and MLRO as required and arranging ManCo sign-off.
- Contribute to, and produce, Management Information to present at Investment Committee Meetings.
- Interact with Compliance to stay abreast of latest regulatory developments relating to Anti-Money Laundering and other forms of financial crime.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
What's on Offer
- Preferably 3+ years' experience working in 1st Line business as usual or Financial Crime Compliance (particularly AML and CDD) activities in a financial services firm, preferably investment or wealth management.
- Preferably experience using Dow Jones, GB Group and Finscan.
- Preferably experience of working on ongoing Periodic/CDD reviews of existing customers, with the ability to recognise AML triggers.
- Must have experience conducting PEP, sanction and adverse media screening and mitigation of risk.
- Must have experience of Trust, Charity and Company structures.
- Preferably experience within transaction monitoring.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A pro-active and organised individual who can self-manage SLA deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of the FCA handbook, Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- Preferably a qualification relating to Finance Crime (e.g. ICA certification) &/or a keen interest in Financial Crime Prevention.
- Preferably a law degree or similar.
- Ability to work with people at all levels and across the business.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly in Excel.
Excellent learning opportunity with a top client of ours.
Quote job ref