This company, based in Wigan, Greater Manchester and authors of a leading Workforce Management software suite have:
- Over 30 years of service management industry experience
- Hundreds of successful deployments
- Proven reliability and resilience
- Friendly and experienced consultants with industry knowledge
- 'Solution-based' approach to meet individual business requirements
- Industry leading customer retention levels
They are currently looking for a talented and experienced Delphi software developer with good knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle and best practices for UI / UX, to work full time alongside their experienced development team on a range of projects from their existing software suite, to exciting new products that will join their portfolio of software. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record within the industry and will be capable of leading sub-teams, where required.
The role provides ample opportunity for professional development in both hard and soft skills including experience with a broad range of Microsoft products, including Windows Server and SQL Server, as well as other products, such as Linux and their proprietary systems, along with other programming languages and frameworks that make up the Ceequel® product.
The role will include duties as follows:
- Development of the existing software suite, including client / server communications and complex algorithms for worked time
- Development of new, bespoke systems using a range of technologies
- Writing of technical documentation
You need to be dynamic and adaptable, with the ability to quickly make the right decisions within a fast-paced environment. Whilst not all essential, the ideal candidate will have experience of as much of the following as possible:
- At least 3 years' experience with Delphi / Object Pascal or similar 4GL
- DVCS (Git or Mecurial)
- Strong SQL skills
- Good knowledge of User Interface and User Experience best practices
- Commercial awareness
- A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Knowledge of PHP would be advantageous, including experience developing with the Laravel / Symfony frameworks
- Experience with other web technologies, such as Node.JS and Linux server management
They recognise that as a candidate you may have had limited opportunity to gain some of the above skills; it is attitude, aptitude and ambition that are more important to us.
They also look after their staff with regular team socials.
If you think you have what it takes to do this role, please apply by submitting an up to date CV.