Leading Financial Services OrganisationJob Description
The Successful Applicant
- Generation of key management information to support business direction setting and ensure key metric objectives (e.g Risk Appetite) are being met.
- Responsible for implementing MI automation solutions and self-service options across Risk and Operations.
- Use tools such as SQL, Excel, Power BI and SAS to manipulate data and produce reports/dashboards.
- Identify and implement technical and operational solutions to improve overall efficiency and control levels.
- Develop new MI & Insight to support stakeholder needs
- Apply commercial acumen to interpret results and produce actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrates ideal behaviours whilst carrying out all aspects of role.
- Manages self to ensure adherence to company risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks.
- Inquisitive nature to support a culture of challenging existing practice.
- Effectively work with colleagues within the team and across partnering business functions such as Risk Portfolio Management, Technology & Platforms, FSS and Mortgage Services. This will be across MI production, defect/issue management and project work support.
- Ability to work on their own initiative, identifying areas of focus and prioritising of own workloads as necessary.
- Good networking skills with the ability to build ongoing collaborative relationships.
- Good communication skills with the ability to present data to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to develop self and quickly learn new skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a logical approach
- Ability to manage own time effectively, balancing priority of delivery and escalates in a timely manner when required.
What's on Offer
- Candidate must have a minimum 2:1 degree in a subject with numerate components with evidence of data analysis component in the course (for example Computer Science, Statistics, Maths, Science or Business disciplines) with previous work experience/work placement in financial services or a data analytics role being an advantage.
- Should the candidate not meet the degree requirement they need to demonstrate strong evidence of relevant data/analysis work experience within a financial services or a data analytics role.
- A desire to learn new technical and programming skills is essential.
- Ability to use Excel at an intermediate level (formulas, pivot tables) is essential.
- Prior experience in a programming language (such as SQL) is an advantage
- Previous experience in using reporting dashboards or data visualisation tools such as Power BI is beneficial
- Previous experience using VBA would also be an advantage.
Opportunity to join a leading UK Financial Services Company
Opportunity to enhance data analysis and IT skills
Quote job ref