JOB TITLE: Facilities Assistant
LOCATION: Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: £15,000 - £18545 per annum
WORKING HOURS: Full and Part Time Opportunities available:
Full Time Early Shift: 6:45am - 3:45pm
Full Time Late Shift: 10am - 7pm
Part Time Shift: 3pm - 7pm
THE COMPANY: Our client is a new, state-funded independent secondary school for 11 to 16 year olds, serving the communities of Bedford and Kempston.
THE ROLE: The role of the Facilities Assistant role will be to ensure all aspects of the school sites, the maintenance of the buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment is to a high standard, enabling the Schools to remain working efficiently and effectively.
Key Responsibilities of a Facilities Assistant to include:-
- Responsible for the security of the building
- Portering between departments and actioning facilities requests
- To clean the school washroom facilities as required.
- To keep all hard landscaped areas, paths, playgrounds within the premises boundaries free from litter and the school grounds free from graffiti
- To carry out minor building repairs and works where required
- To adhere to all health and safety requirements
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience within a facilities or other similar operational role i.e Caretaker / Maintenance Person / Site Supervisor position although full training can be given. Previous experience is not essential in this instance; our client is looking more at attitude, flexibility and reliability for this position. You will have a strong and proven work ethic with a 'can do' approach to the working day. The successful Facilities Assistant will have excellent communications skills who can liaise with other members of staff, parents and other local organisations.
Key experience for the role of Facilities Assistant based in Bedford, Bedfordshire
- Will live within a commutable distance of the Bedford area
- You must hold a Full UK driving licence
- A D1 entitlement to drive a Minibus is desirable although full training can be given
- Will ideally have demonstrable experience in a facilities or other similar operational role i.e Caretaker / Maintenance Person / Site Supervisor position
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Facilities Assistant position then please hit the apply now button. Our client would like to hear from anyone who has previously worked in a similar operational role i.e Caretaker / Maintenance Person / Site Supervisor position. This is not essential however as full training can be given.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
The closing date for this position is Monday 16th April