Java Developer - Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven Location: Remote with occasional travel to West Midlands Salary: Competitive with generous benefits
We have a number of Junior to mid-level Java Developer opportunities with a client based in West Midlands area. The role will be joining a successful team in shaping and developing my clients Technology function, supporting transition to a client centric, product-based organisation. This is a key role which will include multiple responsibilities. Responsibilities:
- Design, development and implementation of solutions based on outline specifications provided by the Product Owner and Application Architects
- Working within an Agile Scrum team, ensure that appropriate ceremonies are attended, and appropriate contributions made.
- Produce program code and specifications to the required standards and quality.
- Support system integration testing including input into test planning.
- Produce effective written communication to the standard required.
- Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements.
- Flexibility to assist with troubleshooting, environment management, product demonstrations and coaching and mentoring of other members of the team
- Development planning and estimating.
- Demonstrable and extensive Java experience
- Extensive experience within an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven
- Knowledge of Git and SQL
- Experience working in a flexible environment.
- Demonstrable experience within a software development environment delivering commercial applications
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, techniques and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, to achieve goals as agreed by within a self directed team
The benefits package for this role in addition to salary are below and come into effect from successful completion of the probationary period:
- Discretionary annual bonus which is dependent on Company profit
- Discretionary annual salary reviews
- Holiday 20 days, plus 8 bank holidays each year. Rising each year to reward length of service to 21 days after 1 years service, 22 days after 2 years service and 25 after 3 years service. Opportunity to buy an extra 5 days holiday per annum
- Private Health care
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme which pays 4x salary
- £350.00 per annum paid towards a gym membership of your choice