Role: .NET Developer
Locations: Worcestershire or Greater Manchester (flexible working options)
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
This is an excellent chance to join an industry-leading team who have specialised in providing business solutions across the entire transport industry for over 30 years. You will be a core member of the development team and deliver high quality software to customers both locally and internationally.
With interfaces into key industry suppliers, my clients operational software provides a single interface through which operators of all sizes can consolidate their data to drive efficiency's and informed business decisions.
This is a full stack role requiring a deep understanding of modern software development. You will utilise both front and Back End expertise as well as contributing towards continuously improving development and DevOps methodologies supported by strong Agile principles.
As a Developer, you will need to produce high quality code in order to contribute towards the implementation of software solutions. You will take part in vital stages of the development life cycle throughout the build and deployment of products and provide support post-deployment.
You will work closely with other developers to produce quality code that is efficient, maintainable and testable in order to deliver new functionality, as well as improving and maintaining existing solutions.
You will need excellent knowledge of:
- C# programming skills with demonstrable expert-level knowledge of the .NET Framework
- Developing websites and web applications using ASP.NET (MVC, Web API)
- Object-Oriented development
- Software design patterns, SOLID principles and advanced-level engineering approaches, such as DI/IoC, TDD, etc.
- Delivering low-latency web services and APIs with a solid understanding of REST and JSON
- Designing and building APIs with OpenAPI (Swagger)
- Database development on MS SQL Server with extensive knowledge of T-SQL and relational Datamodelling
- Building responsive layouts and mobile websites with cross-browser compatibility
- Working with source control, automated build, deployment tools and package managers (Azure DevOps, Git, NuGet, NPM)
You will be required to:
- Develop the next generation of our software using the latest web technologies with standard design patterns and practices, all in an agile environment
- Architect and write clean, documented, testable and scalable code adding new functionality to our solutions, as well as improving our existing code-base
- Perform code reviews, ensuring that the team delivers reliable and secure software
- Learn, maintain, and improve our existing toolset and infrastructure, wherever applicable
- Champion best practice, clean code, patterns, practices and methodologies
- Delivery of enterprise-quality, web-based API driven solutions
- Making a key contribution to Scrum events; Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement workshops and Sprint Retrospectives
- Support our deployed solutions in the cloud and on-premise for our clients as part of our third-line rotating support team.
- Develop new features across and maintain all versions of our software from desktop to SaaS
- Participating in code and architecture reviews, supporting continuous learning and knowledge sharing across the team
- Supporting our colleagues in the Deployment, Support and Infrastructure teams; ensuring that our software meets the required standards for privacy, security, compliance, and regulation
- Production of technical documentation, wikis, and release notes, where required, to support all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
Your performance will be measured on:
- Positive feedback from internal clients and management based on 360 reviews
- Meeting defined quality metrics (eg stable, testable, simple code, with low churn)
- Positive mentoring of the teams' junior members
- Personal and professional skill development using provided training resources
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.