Job DescriptionAbout the Role
The Domestic Assistant is part of the care team and as such works with other staff and maintains a clean and safe environment for all Service Users and staff.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Ensure the Home's furniture, furnishings and fittings are sufficiently clean.
- Ensure all surfaces of floors, walls and ceilings are sufficiently clean.
- Clean carpets when necessary.
- Empty wastebaskets and yellow/black bins daily ensuring that waste is disposed of safely in line with the requirements.
- Clean all internal windows monthly.
- Clean all bedrooms thoroughly once a week on a rota basis. Ensure that the communal areas are cleaned daily.
- Ensure all sinks, en-suites, bathrooms and toilets are cleaned daily.
- Chemicals must be stored in line with the COSHH requirements.
- Re-stock paper products and dispensers.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in relation to the relevant data protection legislation.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with Service Users, relatives and be polite and courteous to all visitors.
- Ensure safe use of equipment and report any defects to the Person in Charge.
- Report incidents involving Service Users, staff or visitors immediately to the Person in Charge.
- Complete cleaning schedules as required.
- To attend staff meetings as required.
- Understand the importance of correct record management and own personal responsibilities in maintaining this through passwords, storage of documentation, and sharing information ( both paper based or on electronic systems).
- Report breeches of records security to line manager or the Caldicott Guardian.
- To be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and your own responsibilities under this Act.
- To participate in training programs which may be required either by law or Company Policy.
- To report for duty at the correct time in accordance with off duty rota. Endeavour to cover colleagues' duties in times of sickness and holidays.
- To report for duty in a clean, tidy uniform and following the dress code as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- To abide by the Home's Employee Handbook and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To be flexible and adaptable in participating in other jobs which are necessary for the smooth running of the home and the safety of the Service Users.
- To have an understanding of requirements detailed in Health and Social Care Act 2008 in line with standards set by the Regulators.
- Support the Care Manager with the Home's marketing plan
- Promote, ensure and maintain the good reputation of the Care Home and the Company.
- Ensure that the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
- Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection control and prevention.
- To work within the company's Information Governance policies in order maintain security of personal and sensitive data
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Demonstrate care and compassion.
- Team player.
- Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.
Eltandia Hall is located in a quiet leafy street in Norbury surrounded by green spaces and benefits from excellent local transport links, being easily accessible by both train and bus. The spacious home specialises in nursing and dementia care for elderly residents along with care for younger residents living with a physical disability. The team works hard to tailor the care to the varying needs within the home, focusing on delivering high standards of personalised care to those living within the home. Eltandia benefits from a varied daily activities programme, working to ensure residents can pursue both good mental and physical health. The activity team organise both group and one to one activities, including everything from games and crafts, local community events in the home and entertainers who regularly visit the home and perform to residents.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.