ERSG Group -Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Group Head of Legal & Compliance
Level: Manager: Manager salary banding + Bonus & Benefits - negotiable depending on experience
£35k to £50k % annual
Compliance Manager to lead the establishment of contract and compliance standards to meet contractual and legislation requirements both in the UK and internationally.
ERSG provide ongoing workforce deployment including large scale rapid workforce deployment to clients with major projects and have further new contracts in the coming months in the UK, Europe, the US and other international jurisdictions.
This role will be responsible for delivering the contract and compliance standards to be used throughout the group in order to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
This will involve:
- Define & document policies and rules for ERSG compliance in the UK adding requirements of new clients as necessary
- Define contracts and compliance rules to be used by ERSG's International offices adding requirements of new clients and territories as necessary
- Work with 3rd party experts, particularly in overseas jurisdictions to ensure licensing and legal rules are understood
- Responsible for identifying all the necessary documentation to be obtained for new contractors to comply with EU Laws, HM Revenue and Customs and all other international legislator requirements
- Monitor, advise, and report on industry compliance legislation and regulations UK and abroad eg GDPR, IR35, Conduct Regulations and Discrimination, Agency Worker Regulations etc.
- Own and manage ERSG's International compliance certifications and licences including AUG UK and DE, seafarers, Norwegian 1099s in cooperation with our Norwegian lawyers
- Manage internal compliance audits in all ERSG offices, analysing data and issuing reports
- Manage client and licensing bodies external audit requirements
- Regularly review compliance rules and implement adjustments when required
- Provide training and manuals to the sales and support teams on compliance and legislation equipping them to advise candidates and clients when needed
- Responsible for and coordinate compliance portals/sections part of client processes for tenders + awards questionnaires
- Liaise with clients & candidates on contract and compliance matters when required
- Work with 3rd parties (umbrella companies and compliance partners) to ensure compliance is adhered to - managing ERSG PSL + regular auditing + understanding their latest offering to adjust our internal info documents
- Work closely with the legal, sales and support teams in reviewing and advising on placement compliance across all area in which the business operates.
- Research and establish compliant solutions for ad hoc requirements at short notice
- Manage standard contract templates, ensuring they are up to date, uniform across the business
- Manage and monitor all contractual paperwork in relation to Conduct Regs, AWR, ITEPA reporting
- Be the reference point of contact to answer contractor and client questions on ersg terms of business (temp, perm, margin only), IR35, AWR, conduct regs questions
- Experience working in compliance or legal in a busy recruitment environment
- Experience working across European and Global markets
- Experience working with Directors/Senior Level management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, process-driven and methodical
- Tenacious and resilient, not easily phased by setbacks and comfortable in high pressure situations
- A-Level, or Degree qualified (ideally Legal)
- Proven fluency in English
- German language skills a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Experience using Bullhorn and/or RSM a plus
- Enthusiastic, proactive attitude, with a flexible approach and the ability to multi-task.
ERSG provides engineers to end clients in the UK, Europe, the US and other international jurisdictions, including large scale rapid workforce deployment to clients with major projects and has further exciting new contracts going live in the coming months. Each project is different and requires detailed standard setting to meet the needs of the various stakeholders, including the sales teams, support teams and 3rd parties.
We're looking to hire a Compliance Manager to work with the Group Head of Legal to research and create appropriate control documents throughout the Group to ensure complex contractual and legal requirements are met in the UK and internationally.
This new role will be responsible for defining contracts and compliance rules to be used by all ERSG's office both in the UK and Internationally, establishing documents to be used throughout the group, training the compliance standards and carry out internal audit in order to ensure compliance.
You'll be A level or Degree qualified (ideally legal) with an excellent track record of delivering compliance frameworks to tight deadlines and at the highest quality.
In a nutshell, the postholder will relish the challenges of detailed compliance standard setting, training and audit. The deployment of which deliver successful outcomes both internally and externally.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.