Software Contract Manager/Software Asset Manager sought by one of the UK's leading retail and financial services organisations. This is a newly created position in a team managing over 125 software vendors and over £10m of spend including cloud services and with new licensing models such as SaaS, opensource and freeware.
The successful candidate will manage the IT contract life cycle including changes, performance management and renewals. You will also assist in negotiating contract terms, conditions, modifications etc. In addition, you will be responsible for laying the foundations of software asset management (SAM) managing compliance and improving SAM capabilities and tooling.
Candidates will demonstrate the following -
- Experience of working with multiple software vendors, especially around licencing and contract renewals.
- Knowledge of IT contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and emerging contract and vendor best practice.
- Experience of Software Asset Management best practice.
- The ability to understand contract and supplier risks and conduct risk assessments.
- Knowledge of best practice for IT contract negotiation.
- The ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts.
- Strong communication skills both with vendors and stakeholders.
- Exposure to SAM tools would be a plus.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in improving Software contract management and software asset management for one of the UK's best-known organisations.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.