Senior IT Manager - Networks & Devices
Your new company
Hays IT & Digital are working in partnership with an large public sector organisation in Staffordshire who are recruiting for a Senior IT Manager specialising in Networks & Devices on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they embark on an ambitious transformation programme which will change the way they deliver services to their customers. The digital and ICT offering will be at the centre of this change and they are investing heavily in infrastructure, systems and staff.
Your new role
The Senior IT Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Networks & Devices team, who deliver specialist 2nd and 3rd line support for all core network, Firewall or telephony infrastructure.
The team as a whole are also responsible for:
- Ensuring the security, integrity, availability and performance of network communications infrastructure in live operation
- The organisations Airwave infrastructure (covert and overt end-user Airwave devices, Integrated Communications Control System), data network infrastructure (Local Area Networking, Wide Area Networking), voice and video infrastructure (Voice Over IP (VOIP) and Video Conferencing technology) and Firewall and gateway infrastructure (providing secure connectivity to the Internet and other networks)
- Installing, configuring and maintaining network infrastructure within the live environment
- Supporting the transition of new/changed infrastructure from development and test environments into live usage
- Overseeing the build, development and management of mobile phone devices
- Providing expert network and communication infrastructure knowledge to force projects and change initiatives
What you'll need to succeed
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of the security, capability, availability and performance of Emergency Service communications technology, voice and data network technology, Firewall and gateway technology and release management activities
- Provide and escalation route for technical problems or issues
- Monitor and manage service level and performance standards for the team
- Provide specialist information and/or advice to assist and influence senior colleagues/customers in making significant business decisions
- Assist, with the Head of IT Service & Operations, in the formulation of strategic direction for the team
- Provide reports and comprehensive working papers including making recommendations for improvements or amendments to systems within the team
It is therefore essential you have experience in:
- Leading technical Support IT teams
- Strong background in networks or mobile communications
- A working knowledge of IT security protocol and best practices
- Experience of leading teams in delivering BAU support and major change programmes
- ITIL Foundation (v3 or v4)
- Technical qualifications awarded by an Industry recognised body (Cisco, Microsoft)
- Experience of working in a secure environment
What you'll get in return
On top of a generous salary of up to £58,350 you will also be entitled to 30 days annual leave, rising and rising each year of service. Other benefits include a pension which is considered the best around, private healthcare scheme as well as much, much more. There is free staff car parking onsite as well as a large canteen that sells hot food and refreshments.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.