6 months initially
We are seeking a Counsel, Global Technology & Sourcing, whose primary responsibility will be to support the Technology and Sourcing organizations with the drafting, review and negotiation of a wide variety of complex, global commercial agreements with third party suppliers, including software licensing, hardware, IT/consulting services, telecommunications and outsourcing. The position will be based in London.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
* Draft, review and negotiate complex, global commercial agreements, including software licenses, software as a service (SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), professional services, statements of work, engagement letters, work orders, service and maintenance schedules, NDAs, data protection agreements and related project documentation
* Lead complex projects and negotiations with significant risk and complexity affecting multiple business units
* Has broad legal expertise and acts as a subject matter expert for commercial contracting
* Provide legal advice and counseling to members of the Technology and Sourcing organizations related to complex, global commercial agreements
* Coordinate with various specialists and business unit lawyers throughout the Legal Department on advice and project inputs
* Assist with project management of certain commercial projects
* Assist with telecoms licensing, compliance and risk management initiatives and dispute resolution, including software audit and ISO27001 certification process with third party suppliers
* Make business critical decisions on legal matters within the functional, business unit or company guidelines
* Periodically train personnel at the company who work on Technology and Sourcing projects
* Lead the preparation and updating of various forms, templates, playbooks and guidelines utilized by the Legal Department with the Technology and Sourcing organizations
* Manage and oversee certain legal matters handled by outside counsel
* Stay up-to-date on applicable legal issues, trends and developments, analysing unique or intangible issues as they apply to our business
* Law Degree with at least 2 years of relevant contract drafting experience (law firm or in-house)
* Law Society practicing certificate
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.