Job title: Corporate Lawyer - CoSec (Banking)
Maternity Cover 6-12 months)
Day Rate is negotiable
- The attorneys and other professionals of Legal & Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the Firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm's businesses.
Lawyer to work in the UK Cosec group providing support to the Board and Committees and Office of the Chairman and advice on UK Corporate Governance matters.
- The individual will be required to run all aspects of the Board Risk and Nomination and Governance Committees. Will also need to help support newly established Remuneration Committee.
- Ensuring Committees comply with terms of reference, drafting detailed technical minutes, drafting annual Risk Committee report, agreeing agendas, review/preparation of papers, tracking and ensuring execution of actions/matters arising/preparation agenda.
- Requires ability to draft detailed technical minutes of listed company standard, understanding of UK Corporate Gov Code and cosec experience. Working with Risk and Committee Chairman on the agenda and the matters to be considered by the Committee. Review of Risk papers and advice on MI.
- Drafting and preparation of materials for Nomco eg. Succession planning, Nomco assessments of board knowledge, skills and experience, proposals for appointment of new directors, drafting annual Nomco report.
- Advising on Corporate Governance best practice, reviewing best practice guidance, regulatory consultations and participation in industry forums. Responding to ad hoc governance queries.
- Advising on senior management responsibilities and discharge of those responsibilities by NEDs and supporting Office of the Chairman. Agreeing annual plan for the Office of the Chairman with contributors and monitoring compliance against plans.
- Assisting in implementation of ongoing Board/Committee enhancements/actions.
This role reports to an Executive Director who heads the UK Group Cosec function.
Requires good understanding of Corporate law, Company secretarial work and Corporate Governance best practice. Will be working with senior EMEA management and non- executive directors.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.