My client, a global consultancy, are looking for an experienced Cloud Architect to join a recognised team working on a greenfield project working in the public sector.
They are embarking on a major upgrade programme to migrate their existing mobile solutions into a new single unified application, re-architected as a Cloud native solution.
In this context I am seeking a Cloud Architect, to lead a cloud architecture design and implementation, working with third parties/partners, advising internal and customer stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
This role is paying £90000-£100000 per annum and it involves occasional travel to head offices, roughly once a month.
- Take overall responsibility for the creation of cloud architecture and designs and own the presentations and approval of designs by architecture review boards.
- Lead our strategic cloud-led product transformation programme of work.
- Review existing architectures and recommend solutions to support our cloud vision.
- Design, liaise and influence customers during on-boarding of existing and new customers to our cloud platform.
- In-depth experience of leading the delivery of platforms underpinning large scale cloud transformation (eg migration to cloud environments, modernisation of applications harnessing cloud, deployment of web-based applications).
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-native architecture concepts, understanding of multi-tenancy, high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, IAM and security requirements in the cloud.
- Knowledgeable of DevOps and CI/CD automation tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience in the design and hands-on development of Docker and of the Kubernetes container orchestration and management platform
- In depth understanding of security controls and implementations in the cloud.
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud native applications in the Azure Cloud.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills to articulate the solution architecture and roadmap for stakeholders.
- Personable and pro-active professional, able to demonstrate full commitment to providing exceptional customer service in all activities.
As a reminder this is essentially a fully remote role, offering £85000-£95000 per annum. My client committed to a short two stage interview process with the potential to hire immediately.
If you are interested please apply and we can schedule a call.