CACI Network Services is a rapidly expanding specialist IT and Networks consultancy offering a wide variety of opportunities to work within challenging and exciting environments with our major clients in Global Media, Banking, Government, Telecoms & Utilities.
A Security Engineer is required to join the London Deployment Team, responsible for the deployment and planning of the Bank's network infrastructure in the UK, Middle-East, Africa and India.
The team is responsible for the delivery and deployment of network/security projects and requests to enhance the client's infrastructure to meet current and future business demands:-
The role may have, but is not limited to the following functions:
- Plan, manage and deploy technology changes to support DC services
- Deploy LAN infrastructure to support end user services requirements
- Includes patching schedules for facilities to cable network equipment
- Diagrams for Network Operations
- Inventory management
- Create implementation plans for RFC's to a high level of detail.
- Correctly document pre and post checks for change verification purposes
- Understand and document back out plans, clearly identifying back out points.
- Identify points of no return
- Support the stability and uptime of essential services by planning changes with a documented best approach mind set.
- Identify where changes can be complete with zero downtime to hosted services.
- Plan and implement changes with a cost effective resource strategy.
- Identify, understand and document change risks and mitigation tactics.
- Identify, understand and document impact of planned technology changes, including documentation expected output from verification.
- Document network estate for Operation Support and to support change planning
- Maintain infrastructure database
- Complete network diagrams to a high standard.
- Peer review and validation of technical deployment plans
- Provide constructive feedback to peers to support change control requirement and maintain high standards of detail and quality offered by CACI.
- Good level of Cisco Routing & Switching
- CCNP/CCIE certification or equivalent experience
- CCSA or CCSE certification or equivalent experience
- Recent experience working on CheckPoint Firewalls
- Ability to handle numerous separate projects concurrently
- A very organised individual.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Analyse, review and understand network topologies.
- Coordinate multiple projects, change management and governance efficiently working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Good understanding of networking principles,
- Good documentation skills using MS Office suite and Visio
- Good customer facing skills with the ability to keep the customer informed at all times and understand their requirements
- Understanding of Firewall technologies, especially Checkpoint
- This role is suitable for a Security Engineer who has at least 4-5 years of working in a professional environment.
CACI Network Services develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development options such as certified training courses, workshops, technical conferences, boot camps, on-line training and much more. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most advanced networking hardware in the industry as well as development of your abilities and talents to become one of the best in the field.
Rewards and Benefits
In return you will be awarded with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop your career and skills within a growing company.