Commercial Data Analyst - development opportunity
Home Based and Dorking, UK
Are you a confident and organised individual with an interest in data analysis and a great eye for detail? Perhaps a recent Graduate wanting to develop an exciting career with an organisation that provides vital services to some of the nation's biggest businesses? If so, read on.
About SES Business Water
SES Business Water provides water and wastewater services for businesses across England and Scotland. We know that many organisations want a straightforward way to manage their water supply, so they can concentrate on the big picture. That's why we've created unique services and solutions to take the hassle out of managing your business water, whether your business is large, small or has multiple sites.
Our customers include major high street retailers, supermarkets, hospitality and leisure, local and national government, the NHS, independent schools, manufacturing, food processing and an international airport.
Our organisation is built on the values of service, commitment, innovation, compassion, collaboration and integrity. We're looking for brilliant people who share these values to join us and help to deliver outstanding solutions that save our customers time and money.
Why you should join our team
You'll become part of a close-knit, proactive team who support each other and lend a helping hand whenever they can. The team work in a positive, electric environment where drive, commitment and entrepreneurial flair are encouraged and everyone has face time with the Directors to share their thoughts and ideas.
Given the current economic climate, it's more important than ever that we deliver the best service possible for our customers, giving them peace of mind so they can focus on other matters. You'll be given comprehensive training to set you up for success, which will include a two-day overview of our business.
We believe that a job well done should be rewarded and we like to promote from within. If you show ambition, this role has the potential to progress into a more senior position in the Commercial Team, as well as to other areas of the business including billing, onboarding, sales or debt recovery.
- Salary of £25,000 per annum
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
As a Commercial Data Analyst, you will focus on pricing, campaign tracking, dashboard, modelling and data improvement, ensuring that a first-class service is delivered.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide priced quotes for prospective customers and be responsible for the quality of data produced
- Work with customer data, generate reports on commercial metrics including renewal and contract value, sales/marketing activity and performance
- Develop relationships with third parties who provide our software to ensure they have an understanding of our needs, what metrics matter to us and why, to support the development of their software
This is a fabulous career development opportunity for an individual to build on existing skills and kick start their career within a busy commercial department.
We're seeking a Commercial Data Analyst with:
- The ability to analyse complex datasets and communicate insights from data in a digestible and tactful way to all stakeholders
- The ability to use a range of tools including algorithms, research and marketing analytical methods
- A desire and ability to learn and implement new data analytical skills
- A methodical and detail-focused approach to managing workload
- A minimum grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English Language, or equivalent is essential
Other organisations may call this role Data Analyst, Commercial Analyst, Junior Analyst, or Trainee Analyst.
- Life assurance
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Westfield Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Business Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Commercial Data Analyst, please select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.