We keep it real. It’s our personality. People want to have fun … where they dine, and where they work. We see to both. Our customers adore Wendy’s, and we adore them.
We get that everyone has their unique cravings. For that just-right burger. For that great new job. You know what you want, and we’ll embrace that when you work here. Flexibility. Fun. The feeling that you can just be you.
At Wendy’s, we’re one big family. And we’re expanding into the United Kingdom. Bring your real self and let’s do this thing. And have some fun, too..
Assistant General Manager
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Lead a multi-talented team
Under the leadership of the Restaurant General Manager, you will manage the daily operations and staff of a Wendy’s restaurant with a specific focus on staffing, training and scheduling, all of which will help build and retain a 5-star team.
You will know how to identify 5-Star talent and how to help get the right people in the right places at the right time through effective scheduling. You are also the face of the restaurant to new hires, and crew members’ in-particular will rely on you to teach them how to live Dave’s Legacies and how to “Delight Every Customer.”
You will support the Restaurant General Manager in providing coaching and development to the team. Your Restaurant General Manager will look to you to help create and support a fun, inviting work environment where the team feels respected and valued.
• You’ll support the Restaurant General Manager in all people and operations areas for a Wendy’s restaurant. Fresh food is all we do, so we count on you and your team members to do it right for our customers every day and night.
• You and your team treat customers like family. Great food, great service, great everything is what keeps them coming back.
• You show Shift Managers and Crew Members how to do it right, and make sure every shift is better than the last.
• You give and take direction like a pro.
• This one’s a no-brainer: you’re key to increasing store sales and profit goals.
• Whether you started out as a Crew Member or you’re coming from another foodservice organization, you believe in Wendy’s and are glad to be a part of our family.
What you bring to the table:
• Minimum of two years of experience leading people, even better if you did it in a foodservice environment.
• Maths and English G.C.S.E. and 1 year of line operations experience; or equivalent combination. of education and experience Demonstrated ability to lead and manage operations in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of food safety procedures and standards
• Flexibility to work 45-hour work weeks, must be available all-day parts and days of the week.
• ServSafe International Certification
You’re willing and able to:
• Travel to other locations (restaurants, area office, etc.) as needed.
• Stand for long periods, bend and kneel and be able to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
• Handle weather-related moments like rain at the drive-thru, taking trash out in the summer, etc.
• Wear a headset and understand restaurant equipment from a grill to registers and computers.
We get it. We get you.
Our food isn’t one size fits all and our job opportunities aren’t either.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer - that means all races, religions, nationalities, genders and the LGBTQ+ community are welcome. We provide reasonable accommodations in order to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Wendy's® was founded in 1969 by Dave Thomas in Columbus, Ohio. Dave built his business on the premise, “Quality is our Recipe®,” which remains the guidepost of the Wendy’s system. Wendy’s is best known for its made-to-order square hamburgers, using fresh, never frozen beef*, freshly-prepared salads, and other signature items like chili, baked potatoes and the Frosty® dessert. The Wendy’s Company (Nasdaq: WEN) is committed to doing the right thing and making a positive difference in the lives of others. Today, Wendy’s and its franchisees employ hundreds of thousands of people across more than 6,700 restaurants worldwide and soon will be coming to the UK! We have a vision of becoming the world’s most thriving and beloved restaurant brand. For more information connect with us on Twitter and Instagram using @wendys, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/wendys.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.