12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Up to £52,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Introduction and Background
We currently have an opportunity for a talented individual to join the team for an initial 12 month period. You will work directly with the Customer MI Reporting and Data Modelling Manager in support of the Customer Director (Heritage) at an exciting time as we respond to an ever changing internal and external environment. You will develop and utilise effective working relationships across the business to enable delivery of our key activities across both BAU and projects, to ensure alignment to overall priorities.
You will have experience of building networks across the organisation and using a variety of influencing stylexxs to make an impact within your network. You will have experience of working with a strategic focus in a fast-paced environment, the ability to absorb large volumes of at times technical information and a proven ability to drive actionable plans to deliver against a strategy.
• Develop effective and productive working relationships with the Customer Director (Heritage) and their leadership team to ensure the effective management of the Customer Governance frameworks.
• To manage relationships and work in collaboration with senior leadership teams across the business to fully understand their business plans and provide recommendation to the leadership team on both the impacts and considerations for the area.
• To ensure the Customer teams are working collaboratively to maximise efficiency, deliver against agreed KPIs, effectively manage costs and are managing key dependencies across the area.
• To provide oversight on activities and operational plans ensuring they are aligned to strategic priorities, and ensure all assigned actions are completed on time.
• To draft ad-hoc papers and overarching strategic commentary on behalf of the Customer Director (Heritage) for submission through the Governance framework to the relevant Boards & Committees.
• Use your network to understand internal and external best practice and use this insight to identify areas of potential improvement.
• To present key papers through the Governance framework to the relevant Boards and Committees.
• Management of Actions arising through the relevant Boards & Committees.
• Proven experience in stakeholder management
• The ability to effectively prioritise and work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Understanding of the Group Customer function including the Customer strategy and the Risk frameworks
• Ability to draft commentary and papers for all levels of reporting and ensure that the key messages are appropriate for the audience
• Ability to understand, learn and apply the principles of relevant governance and outsourcing agreements, to the extent required in order to effectively operate key Governance processes
• Knowledge or experience of Outsourcing arrangements
• Knowledge and awareness of Life Company operations, products and administration processes
• Ability to use applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel to a high standard
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the millions of policyholders we serve, or the billions of assets we look after. Or that we’ve been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It’s the fact we work with predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving financial outcomes and an improved customer experience for the customers we already have. But that’s not all.
We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life assurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.