Closing date: 02/07/2020
Salary: £38,461 plus £3,520 London allowance if applicable
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Communications and Engagement
Hours per week: 36.25
Interview date: TBC
Contract Duration: One 12 month fixed term and one permanent
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy and high performing communications team at one of the country's best-known charities. You'll be supporting Citizens Advice during a time of great change as we respond to the challenges that Covid-19 have presented us with. As a senior member of the team, you'll lead on strategic communications projects engaging our 950 staff and 270 local Citizens Advice. You'll build relationships across teams and provide trusted advice to senior leaders to help them engage key stakeholders and the people who come to us for help.
The location for this role is flexible. We're currently all working remotely due to Covid-19 but there might an opportunity to work in one of our national offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds or Cardiff in the future. You can read more in the job pack.
ESSENTIAL (1-6 assessed at the application stage, 7-12 assessed at interview stage):
1. Experience in a senior role in communications, press, or public affairs, with a track record of managing communications projects to achieve significant, strategic change.
2. Demonstrable experience of running successful communications campaigns for internal and external audience.
3. Proven experience of delivering across a breadth of communications channels (such as digital, events, print, design, press and other media), demonstrating innovative and creative thinking.
4. Ability to identify communications priorities and stories within an organisation, and deliver in a way that meets audience needs.
5. Demonstrable ability to influence senior decision makers and build strong working relationships across multiple teams.
6. Excellent written and oral communications skills, including proven ability to communicate using appropriate stylexs, methods and timing, to maximise understanding and impact.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.