£22,105 to £23,850 per annum
Could you help raise the profile of BAME attainment at Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll provide expert and professional advice to student Ambassadors and staff on activity to achieve measurable positive change for BAME students.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is an amazing place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of over 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to work with our Student Voice Manager to deliver our strategic objectives in student engagement.
• You’ll play a key role in ensuring that BAME and First Generation student communities at Manchester Metropolitan University become engaged in activity for positive change.
• With experience of successful planning, organising and training you will facilitate and support student-led activity across the University.
Who you are
• With knowledge and experience of working with students and/or BAME communities, you will support and guide BAME students and those who are the first in their family to attend University to belong and gain agency through activity that seeks to narrow the attainment gaps for those groups of students.
• Your experience of effective networking and partnership working has equipped you to be able to work positively with allied organisations to achieve goals.
• You are at ease managing your working time effectively and prioritising projects appropriately, you’ll stay calm in a sometimes-hectic environment.
• You will also put your excellent interpersonal skills to great use in building relationships and working effectively with people at all levels and are experienced at working collaboratively.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values. Whilst not a requirement, we particularly encourage applications from BAME candidates, who are currently underrepresented.
To apply now, click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our website vacancies page.
Closing date: 19th August 2019
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview during the week commencing 26th August 2019.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Asian Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org.