Peabody has an opportunity for a HR Director to join the team based in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary of up to £120,000 plus benefits per annum.
The HR Director role:
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced HR Director to lead the people agenda through a period of rapid growth and change at Peabody. We are looking for an inspiring leader to support and enable the transformation of the whole organisation through a fully integrated HR function that encompasses the whole breadth of recruitment, learning and organisational development; business partnering and shared services.
We need to radically simplify the way we provide services to our customers. While technology will play an important role in this, our people and our culture will make the biggest difference. We have a talented workforce of over 3,000 and are committed to improving the engagement, diversity and inclusion of all our people. We are driving change through our new People First programme launched in 2018
Peabody is one of the most recognised and respected brands in the housing sector and has a powerful social purpose at its core: to help people make the most of their lives. The HR Director will be responsible for delivering a culture change programme that converts our mission into tangible actions and positive change.
Key responsibilities of our HR Director:
- Define and deliver a People Strategy making sure all initiatives are in line and support the successful delivery of Peabody’s mission, vision and objectives in line with our values
- Design and cultivate a positive experience for every step of the employee journey, building practices that engage, develop and retain the best employees
- Work as a member of the Leadership Team to influence and advise colleagues on taking the best course of action and providing support and guidance on succession planning, talent mapping, learning and development, creative recruitment solutions and employee feedback and data
- Lead on the development and embedding of our desired culture through our values and People First themes: effortless experience, working together and Human and Kind
- Support and develop the HR team to remain aligned, high performing and solutions-orientated, to support the business in delivering Peabody’s strategy
What we’re looking for in our HR Director:
- Inspirational leadership, which generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Group Board level and externally
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with Executives, formal governance committees as appropriate, partners and stakeholders
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change
- Proven track record of developing and leading on change management programmes through employee engagement, involvement and collaboration
- Proven ability to collaborate with leaders, work cross-functionally with diverse groups
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Effective, networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Sound knowledge of employment law applied effectively and the ability to anticipate future requirements. Strong grasp of people management issues and their impact on the wider organisation
- Chartered FCIPD or equivalent
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our HR Director please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Deadline for applications: 18 April 2019
First interviews: 8 and 10 May 2019
Second interviews: 17 May 2019
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital
status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST