Are you an education professional keen to make a genuine and fundamental difference to people’s lives?
If the answer is yes, we’ve got the opportunity you’re looking for. Staffordshire University is recruiting to its Board of Governors.
Staffordshire University is an anchor institution with a fundamental impact on the quality of life of people in our county and wider region. Over 60% of our students come from our local area which is amongst the most deprived neighbourhoods in the country.
We’re committed to social mobility, widening participation and building on our connections to support communities, partners and businesses.
In the last two years Staffordshire University has seen real transformative change. In 2017 we achieved a silver rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, were the joint highest riser in the Sunday Times Good University Guide and won the ‘Most Improved Student Experience’ in The Times Higher Awards.
We’re looking for a new Governor, preferably with experience in Higher Education, and who shares our University values of being:
- Ambitious and inspirational
- Brilliant and friendly
- Curious and daring
- Proud to be Staffs
Whilst this is a vacancy for a Governor with knowledge of the Higher Education sector, we also recognise the value of transferable skills and experience, and therefore welcome applications from suitable candidates who have only recently started out in the sector and who have:
- A significant professional track-record;
- Experience of leading complex change in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- The ability to be a strong ambassador for the University.
The ideal candidate will combine the above skills with a core commitment to our values and a fundamental desire to make a difference. Given our richly diverse student community, we are particularly interested to hear from applicants from groups currently under-represented on the Board, including female, BAME and disabled applicants. If you have passion, social justice and creativity at your heart, we want to hear from you.
Our Governors usually commit around 10 days per year to Board Business. In return, we will provide:
- The opportunity to build professional networks at the highest level in the Higher Education sector and to work with local, regional and national partners.
- Experience of collaborative working with our existing Board members.
- The experience of playing an instrumental role in developing and delivering the long term strategic vision of the University.
- The ability to make a full contribution to diverse projects that have a major impact on the institution, our students and regional communities.
- Professional role and career development mentoring.
- Expenses and training support.
If you are ready for a new challenge, and have the drive to make a difference, go to:
Closing date: Monday 30 April 2018