London, WC1 (with travel to Birmingham)
c£75,000 Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme (subject to statutory tax rules), Additional Benefits Package
Great Britain’s gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. It’s high profile politically too, and the legislation controlling gambling is constantly under scrutiny. Within this uniquely challenging and evolving environment, The Gambling Commission’s role is to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open - and that children and vulnerable people are protected. Now they need you to play a key role in their future, driving the change needed to ensure that the Gambling Commission can meet the growing complexity of the market and their developing regulatory remit.
The Gambling Commission are now looking for a Head of Policy & Insight to support the 4th National Lottery licence competition.
This role represents an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre policy professional with regulatory and management experience to take on an exciting and potentially ground-breaking project with a leading regulatory body.
As the Head of Policy & Insight, you will take on a key leadership role in which you will drive forward the project for both the policy and competition design phases.
As the public face of the Gambling Commission for the competition, you will deal with stakeholders, the Board, The Executive Team and a range of colleagues surrounding the competition.
The overall purpose of your role will include the following:
- Providing strategic leadership regarding policies for the project
- Working with internal and external stakeholders on policy considerations
- Developing, managing and implementing project-wide approaches for the policy phase
- Informing and shaping the work programme for the policy and competition design phases
- Working closely with various senior and advisory groups on policy recommendations
- Liaising with the government regarding key policy considerations, work programmes and methodologies
As part of your role, you will be required to travel to Birmingham for which expenses will be paid.
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
- Experience of working in policy environments
- Experience of leading teams in the areas of policy, regulation and/or data and insight functions
- Experience of procurement and commissioning
- Experience in a regulatory environment
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
- A degree level qualification in a related discipline such as Public Policy or Economic Policy
Able to hit the ground running and manage large scale projects, as the Head of Policy & Insight, you will need significant capabilities in managing multiple tasks and priorities, an adaptable nature and the ability to operate in a changeable environment. Advanced communication skills will be key, as will a team player mentality coupled with an objective approach.
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 18th March 2018.
To apply for the role of Head of Policy & Insight, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.