Birmingham, West Midlands
c£35,000 Plus 26 Daysâ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Daysâ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme (subject to statutory tax rules), Additional Benefits Package
Great Britainâs gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. Itâs high profile politically too, and the legislation controlling gambling is constantly under scrutiny. Within this uniquely challenging and evolving environment, The Gambling Commissionâs role is to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open - and that children and vulnerable people are protected. Now they need you to play a key role in their future, driving the change needed to ensure that the Gambling Commission can meet the growing complexity of the market and their developing regulatory remit.
The Gambling Commission are now looking for a Casework Investigator to join their Casework and Intelligence Programme, which handles cases relating to potential breaches to regulations or unlicensed activity.
If you have experience of conducting evidence-based investigations, this is an exceptional opportunity to work on interesting and challenging cases for a leading regulatory body.
As a Casework Investigator, you will investigate potential breaches of regulatory acts and unlicensed activity within the gambling industry.
Overseeing high profile cases, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team to examine gambling operatorsâ activity and develop plans to progress cases with risk control measures in place.
Specifically, your duties will involve:
- Preparing in-depth case management plans and identifying key risks that require immediate action
- Liaising with national and international bodies, agencies and other regulators
- Providing detailed feedback on cases to all levels of the organisation
- Distinguishing regulatory breaches that can be quickly resolved and those that require further investigation
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the Commissionâs approach to regulation
To be considered, you will need:
- Proven experience of conducting evidence-based investigations and the ability to articulate your findings in the context of breaches to legislation or required rules and regulations
- Experience gained in a policy, regulatory or enforcement environment and of developing new approaches
- Knowledge of legal frameworks that impact on civil cases (such as tribunal rules governing practice and procedure, and civil procedure rules) and criminal investigations (PACE, RIPA and DPA)
- An understanding of corporate governance
Articulate and decisive, as a Casework Investigator, you will have a highly analytical mindset and the ability to understand and interpret complex issues. A collaborative leadership style and exceptional prioritisation abilities are also key.
Please note, the closing date for applications is the 22nd February 2018.
To apply for the role of Casework Investigator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Casework Investigator, Investigations, Regulatory Investigations Manager, Compliance Case Manager, Investigations Case Manager, Gambling Compliance Manager.