Asset Investment Team
£45,000 basic pa, and an additional £3,000 car allowance and £3,858 London allowance
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Hanover is recruiting for a Contracts Manager to oversee and lead the Hackney asset investment contracts team. The creation of this role follows a restructure of the Property Asset Management function and is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of Hanover’s ambitious asset management strategy.
What you’ll be doing
As a Contracts Manager you will lead the Hackney Contracts Team to deliver Hanover’s annual asset investment programme, with customers put first throughout all activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Delivering an effective and consistent management of regional contracts for planned asset investment including all other asset and estate management contracted services
• To be accountable for performance improvement, service development and driving asset investment decisions to ensure our housing and services meet local demand and provide value for money
• Ensuring consistent contract and contractor management, performance management and budgetary control across the region
• Team management of Area Surveyors, Resident Liaison Coordinators and Handypersons in the Hackney team
• Embedding a performance management culture, ensuring KPIs are achieved, compliance is embedded, and a quality management programme is delivered
Who we need
We are looking for people who have experience working in a similar role, and who have knowledge of the housing / care sector. You should also have experience of managing a small team and ability to performance manage and develop others
Key experience and skills required:
• Knowledge and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and improvements
• Experience of delivering asset investment programme of works and services to leaseholders and tenants
• Experience in managing a multi-site service
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Ability to plan and programme own work and that of a team
• HND / HNC in Building, Construction or related technical discipline
• Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to initiate and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to travel across your region
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
• 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days
• Option to take an additional 10 days unpaid leave per year
• Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
• Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
• A dedicated Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential support and advice
This role is located in Hackney, Limetree Court, 74 Clapton Common, London E5 9AL
To apply please go to our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 20 September 2017
Interviews will take place from 9 October onwards.