MSc Sports Performance Analysis with Tottenham Hotspur FC funded Work Placement
We have two full-time places on the MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme at the University of Chichester available, involving a funded full time work placement with Tottenham Hotspur FC (based at their Enfield training ground).
This programme of study is designed for graduates seeking to develop specialist knowledge in Sports Performance Analysis. The MSc Sports Performance Analysis programme is carefully aligned to employer needs and aims to provide the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully pursue a career in the area of Sports Performance Analysis. The processes and theories underpinning performance analysis are explored, together with key practical competencies, all delivered in conjunction with a dedicated, intensive work placement offering invaluable industry relevant experience.
Course tuition fees: GBP 5670 (GBP 5103 with Alumni discount).
Performance Analysis Work Placement
The role runs alongside the studies of an MSc in Sports Performance Analysis, University of Chichester, and is under the guidance of the Head of Performance Analysis, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. This is a split role supporting the academy half a season and the first team the other half.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITLIES
1. To ensure all first team training sessions are recorded to meet the needs of the Performance Analysis department and First Team Coaching staff
2. Film THFC matches and help with any match day protocols for capturing footage
3. Support the production of post match reports all THFC games in line with the clubs Performance Analysis philosophy
4. Help update video databases for things like Premier League goals database
5. Support First Team Performance Analysts with pre match analysis protocols
1. Film matches at various ages groups across the academy
2. Code and edit match footage post game
3. Produce video highlights of matches post game
4. Help produce content for classroom sessions and team de-briefs
5. Keep up to date video databases in line with academy philosophy to be presented as best practice examples
1. Ensure the upkeep of all filming and video capture equipment
2. Attend Performance Analysis department meetings and in-service events
3. Any ad hoc duties as requested by Management.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* A high level of football knowledge and professional experience
* Experience of filming football matches
* IT Literate - has very good IT skills/ video-editing skills
* Able to learn new technology quickly
* Creative presentation skills
* Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and experience
* Knowledge of Sportscode, Opta, Tracab and Wyscout
* Numbers and Keynote skills and experience
* Experience with video editing programs such as Final Cut
* Drive and enthusiasm to balance a full time MSc degree with a full time work placement within profession football
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team, coach and player interaction)
* Good Team player
* Excellent written Skills
* Proactive attitude within the role
* Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks.
* Quality Focus - takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work
* Drive and Energy - demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set
* Self Development - is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement
* Work Placement dates: July 2017 - May 2018
* MSc course dates: September 2017 - August 2018
* Half a season supporting the academy and half supporting the first team (or vice versa)
* GBP 650 a month paid to cover expenses
Any enquiries should be directed to Dr. Naomi Datson (N.Datson@chi.ac.uk) or Dr. Neal Smith (N.Smith@chi.ac.uk) from the University of Chichester.