Brighton, East Sussex
£59,776 – £65,639 per annum
Relocation expenses available for the appointed candidate, subject to eligibility criteria
Brighton & Hove continues to see improvements in the delivery of its services for children and young people. After a long period of significant stability which has involved a highly positive SEND inspection in 2016, an ILACS inspection in 2018 which raised the overall judgement of our children’s social work services up to Good and a focussed visit in 2020 which confirmed the strength of our improvements we are now looking to recruit to this key post.
We are looking for an ambitious and exciting senior manager who can support the journey to excellence, building on the improvements over the last 3 years.
You will be responsible for providing strategic and professional leadership in relation to effective governance of the Council’s safeguarding and child protection systems. You will be responsible for a range of functions including the Safeguarding & Review Service, the directorate performance and quality assurance functions and support for the Safeguarding Children’s Partnership.
You must be a qualified social worker who can demonstrate how they have improved practice, can engage with partners and listen to the voice of children and young people.
• DipSW or equivalent
• Post qualifying qualifications (e.g. management qualification)
• Substantial direct experience as a manager of safeguarding and child protection services in statutory sector social care services
• Experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary team, enabling others, dealing with problems and developing people – including setting objectives and managing performance.
• Awareness of, and sensitivity to, the political implications of professional and managerial decisions
• Understanding of context of a Safeguarding Children’s Partnership role and responsibilities
• Excellent communication, advocacy, presentation, influencing and negotiating skills
• Experience working with a range of partners
• A passion for supporting vulnerable children and young people
For an informal conversation please contact Deb Austin – Executive Director for Families, Children & Learning on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this post, please visit our website.
Closing date: midnight Sunday 4 July 2021.
Interview/Assessment date: w/c 19 July 2021.