You will join us as Director of Change, to provide professional leadership to the "GOC Refresh" and supporting IT transformation, enabling delivery of the GOC's 5-year Strategic Plan, which aspires to deliver world-class regulatory practice, improved customer service and continuous improvement.
This is a 3 to 4year fixed term appointment with location flexibility, subject to being able to meet organisational needs. During the pandemic most staff have been able to work from home and post-lockdown we expect to welcome back people to our Old Bailey office for two or three days a week, on average.
Director of Change Responsibilities:
• Lead on translating the existing GOC Refresh roadmap into a detailed plan and clearly defined business cases in order to support achievement of the GOC\'s 2020-25 strategy.
• Effectively manage the programme of change and ensure benefits across the organisation are realised.
• Implement the existing IT Strategy, adapted as necessary to support GOC Refresh.
• Establish a new Change Team to lead development of new services and capabilities, including work with the relevant Director(s) to develop and implement a new Customer Care Team and Case Management System
• Establish and implement a new data and insight strategy and capability to inform continuous improvement across the whole organisation.
• Recruit, motivate, manage, and develop the Change and IT teams to deliver required performance levels within budget parameters.
• Set, monitor, and deliver on key performance indicators to ensure teams deliver an effective and responsive service to the organisation.
• Report on progress to SMT, the Audit and Risk Committee and Council in accordance with agreed governance arrangements.
• Contribute to the development of strategy for the organisation, providing relevant input from a functional perspective to shape an effective regulatory service.
• Develop and manage policies and procedures for IT and data insight that support the organisation to improve and deliver effective regulatory policies and service.
• Champion and lead by example in applying corporate policies and procedures.
Director of Change Requirements:
• Professional qualifications related to change management and programme delivery.
• Experience of successful change management delivery in an organisation of similar scale and complexity within a public sector, regulatory or charity context.
• Experience of business improvement and support for busy teams outside the direct line to deliver against challenging transformation goals.
• Experience of operating at board or committee level.
• Strong influencing and communication skills with credibility among internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong management and leadership skills in line with GOC values
• Skilled in delivering through collaboration with others
About The General Optical Council:
We are the regulator for the optical professions in the UK. We currently register around 30,000 optometrists, dispensing opticians, student opticians and optical businesses.
Location: London, EC4M 7NG
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full Time, 34.75 per week
Salary: £76,993 - £90,580 per annum, plus competitive benefits
You may have experience of the following: Digital Change Manager, Change Manager, Change Management, Digital Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Continuous Improvement Manager, Continuous Improvement, Service Delivery Manager, etc.