Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We’ve created “LBG Labs” and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading Digital Bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three brands. Now that we have already created the market leader in digital banking, we are on a journey to create the bank of the future, for which we are investing £3bn across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers.
Our Insurance & Wealth (I&W) Labs are passionate about improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
We're setting up a Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) to assist the approaching general LBG adoption of public cloud, in I&W are primarily focused Google Cloud Platform.
About the role:
Within the I&W CCoE we have the need for an experienced Cloud Certified, Infrastructure Engineer to join us and assist with the migration of the I&W estate as well as to assure th alignment of future cloud projects to the highest of standards.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
* You’ll have done AWS certifications and perhaps GCP, knowingthe difference in Pulmi, Terraform and AWS CDK and likely have capability in various languages.
* A self-starting attitude required to lead a large division into public cloud successfully.
* Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are meaningful to us we want people who are highly motivated, and enthusiastic with an inquisitive and curious approach to work.
* We’re also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you’ll need strong communication skiills and take a collaborative approach.
* A GCP rockstar you’ll want to will want to push your own abilities daily, and you will be comfortable in teaching large teams (our guilds) in order to share your knowledge.
What we need from you:
* Public cloud knowledge with GCP Professional Architect certification along with a further GCP Professional Certification in security, development or DevOps.
* Proven experience in GCP.
* Experience of end-to-end project delivery within GCP, both for Lift and Shift and Cloud Native migration
* A solid understand all aspects of IAM and organisation security design.
* An understanding of best practice around bastion/direct connect/vpn tunnels into GCP.
* Strong understanding of Kubernetes, ISTIO and related security models
* You will understand container signatures and how to manage those in production
* Exposure to multiple infrastructure technologies (Server, Storage, Network) in a Design and/or implementation role.
* You’ll be passionate about engineering standard methodologies such as infrastructure as code, testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Discretionary bonus
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 16%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you...