Up to £80,000 + Bonus & Benefits
As one of the UK’s Top Employers we’ve brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that’s where you come in.
We’re currently recruiting for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our Internal Credit Ratings Team in the Asset Management Function to provide a highly professional service applying deep technical & business knowledge to aid senior management decision making.
The Credit Risk Analyst will support the Internal Credit Ratings team assign Internal Ratings to private credit or illiquid assets. The analyst will support the Credit Specialists assign and monitor internal ratings, undertake sector and portfolio reviews, help ensure the rating framework remains appropriate and in line with ECAI guidance and undertake reviews of external manager rating methodology.
• Assist assigning and monitoring internal credit ratings on a range of asset classes, ensuring ratings are accurate, follow approved methodology and are timely.
• Monitoring of ratings - ongoing surveillance / annual reviews / ad-hoc reviews (e.g. credit/event driven).
• Develop and maintain deep understanding of ECAI rating methodologies and ensure the methodologies for assigning ratings remains appropriate.
• Assist with reviews of external asset manager rating methodologies.
• Monitoring of group limits, risk and concentration and any restricted assets (for example watch list).
• Produce or coordinate other team outputs – including MI, committee inputs, portfolio and sector reviews.
• Responsible for the Secretarial duties to the Risk Committee
What We’re Looking For
• Knowledge of the Rating processes undertaken by ECAI rating agencies.
• Financial information analysis.
• Familiarity with loan and bond documentation.
• Ability to write credit reports highlighting key risks to range of stakeholders.
• Experience of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ideally credit rating agency platforms.
What We Offer
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestylex flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It’s not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we’re a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It’s our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people’s stories, our values and our commitment to diversity.
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We’ve businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife’s market leading Guaranteed Over 50’s plan?
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.
All applicants must be based in the UK and confirm that they are able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.